PDA

View Full Version : Watch out, riding an atv can be a felony!

sly400ex
08-23-2006, 05:45 PM
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/city/4_1_JO23_ATV_S10823.htm

08-23-2006, 05:51 PM
:cuss:

RaptorRacer45
08-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Wa Wa Wa:rolleyes: :grr:

exrider008
08-23-2006, 06:03 PM
i think they r being a little unfair. not all dirt bikers/atv riders do stupid chit like that. people that destroy land that isnt theirs r the reason more and more people dont like atv's. :mad:

00tn300ex
08-23-2006, 07:46 PM
these people are crazy,grass grows back and eventually a jump will erode away.i can understand not riding on someone farm and screwing up the crop.id bet none of these people have ever ridden a quad.

yamablaster24
08-23-2006, 09:19 PM
soccer fields dont grow back overnight, soccer lines dont repaint themselves, soil doesnt level itself out. MMhm

firefighterjosh
08-23-2006, 09:24 PM
Instead of taking away ATVS why dosen't the county or state give them some were to ride so ppl stop tearing stuff up.

400EXtreme
08-23-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Instead of taking away ATVS why dosen't the county or state give them some were to ride so ppl stop tearing stuff up. thank you and so if some1 gets hurt severly they dont have to think twice about calling for help.

400exrider99
08-23-2006, 10:08 PM
if your tearing up someone land you desevre to lose your bike quad.

Quad18star
08-23-2006, 10:08 PM
Here's how simple it is ....... DON'T ride on someone elses land , DON'T ride on land that people have put an effort into restoring , and DON'T ride on f'ing soccer fields .

^^^^^ All these are prime examples as to why ATV and Dirt Bike riders have such a bad reputation with most of the public and with the media .

How brain dead do you have to be to think that riding and tearing up a soccer field isn't going to cause bad press from the media ???

Some people are just f'ing stupid !!!:mad:

firefighterjosh
08-23-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Here's how simple it is ....... DON'T ride on someone elses land , DON'T ride on land that people have put an effort into restoring , and DON'T ride on f'ing soccer fields .

^^^^^ All these are prime examples as to why ATV and Dirt Bike riders have such a bad reputation with most of the public and with the media .

How brain dead do you have to be to think that riding and tearing up a soccer field isn't going to cause bad press from the media ???

I Here ya. No offense against all you younger riders. But I beat most are kids from 16 - 19. I know I am guilty of it when I was younger and I know it is wrong, but I just didn't care until I started reading what I was doing to our riding lands.

DieselBoy
08-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Lovely, JUST lovely.

Perhaps the problem lies not just in immature riding, but, their efforts to completely decease any riding area's for mature riding to take place. Simply put, there's no support in most community's to allow ATVs & dirtbikes to legally operate, unless ofcourse your gifted with your own land, or a local track.

Those who destroyed crops & soccer fields should pay indeed, but making i a felony is going too far. They should incur the damages and pay for it.

Quad18star
08-23-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
Lovely, JUST lovely.

Perhaps the problem lies not just in immature riding, but, their efforts to completely decease any riding area's for mature riding to take place. Simply put, there's no support in most community's to allow ATVs & dirtbikes to legally operate, unless ofcourse your gifted with your own land, or a local track.

Those who destroyed crops & soccer fields should pay indeed, but making i a felony is going too far. They should incur the damages and pay for it.

I think the reason there is no support in communities is because of things like people riding on soccer fields , golf courses , local parks , and so on .

How can we as ATV riders expect respect from communities when we go out and destroy stuff ?? Like everything else , respect is not given , respect is earned .... and you can't expect respect from communities when guys on quads go out and rip the hell out of a soccer field or go build a track on someones private property . You wouldn't be happy if your neighbour built half his garage on your property and you wouldn't be happy if you planted a bunch of small trees only to have him come and run them over with his truck .

There are areas designated for recreational use for motorcycle riders and ATV riders . People open up tracks on private property so that people can ride there legally . Governments and other organizations designate certain areas for recreational use so that the riders are sure they aren't riding over rehabilitation areas .

As far as it being a felony , I'm all for it . If you knowingly ride on on someone elses land without permission , ride on areas that are being rehabilitated , ride on areas such as soccer fields , golf courses , parks , etc .... then yeah you should be forced to pay for all the damage , plus spend a bit of time behind bars thinking about what you did .

firefighterjosh
08-23-2006, 10:45 PM
I agree ppl should have to pay for damages and fines and all that crap. It dosen't matter if you are riding or walking or driving Trespasing is a felony. I just wish the goverment could open more riding areas. The closest one to my house is 3.5 Hours away. Luckly my grandma own 120Acre of field and woods

NorCalRacer
08-23-2006, 11:13 PM
Sounds like just a few riders. If he had to kill the grass to find the tracks it had to be just one or two. Amazing how much bad press a couple of idiots can generate. What I liked best was under the article there is two ads to buy atvs and one ad for rc cars.

Iliketogofast
08-24-2006, 05:34 AM
Well, you have to accomplish 500$ worth of property damage before your deed is a felony, according to the article. That's the part I think is sort of wrong. When someone gets punished, they should be punished for what they actually did; I.E. their direct actions. How much money they cost someone in property damage shouldn't be relevant to the severity of their crimes.

I mean, noone is going to run outside and say, "Let's go ride our stuff on the local Soccer field and cause 739$ worth of damage!"

bwamos
08-24-2006, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast
Well, you have to accomplish 500$ worth of property damage before your deed is a felony, according to the article. That's the part I think is sort of wrong. When someone gets punished, they should be punished for what they actually did; I.E. their direct actions. How much money they cost someone in property damage shouldn't be relevant to the severity of their crimes.

I mean, noone is going to run outside and say, "Let's go ride our stuff on the local Soccer field and cause 739$ worth of damage!"

That's a very odd way to look at it.. lol

So you're saying the severity of the crime shouldnt be guaged by how much damage you do? :huh

They may not have said, lets cause $739 dollars worth of damage.. but they DID make the decision to go ride on the local soccer field. Common freaking sense will tell you any atv or motorcycle will tear up a soccer field. They made the decision to ride on an undesignated area, illegally, without regard to the damage they'd be causing. Your darn right they should pay a "price" fitting of the crime.

"Most" people under 20 dont realize how much labor costs. If you tore ruts into a soccer field in chicago on public land, you can bet your butt they are going to be paying at least $100/hr per union worker for labor.

If you have 3 people.. and it takes them only 1 days work (8hrs) to repair the damage.. that's $2400 just for labor not including equipment rental, materials, etc..

gbcap
08-24-2006, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by sly400ex
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/city/4_1_JO23_ATV_S10823.htm

good, i hope they put tresspassing riders in jail!!! ITS NOT YOUR LAND!!

Originally posted by Quad_King
:cuss:

why are you mad. pay to ride like everyone else and dont ride on land that isn't yours. pretty freaking simple.

Originally posted by exrider008
i think they r being a little unfair. not all dirt bikers/atv riders do stupid chit like that. people that destroy land that isnt theirs r the reason more and more people dont like atv's. :mad:

why is it unfair they want to fine/punish people for breaking the law. tresspassing is NO different then stealing. it costs someone money in the end. its not your land to ride on you shouldn't be riding on it.

Originally posted by 00tn300ex
these people are crazy,grass grows back and eventually a jump will erode away.i can understand not riding on someone farm and screwing up the crop.id bet none of these people have ever ridden a quad.

thats the worst reasoning i have ever heard. it grows back? yes it does, months later. why should the soccer kids have rutted ****ty fields just cause someone rode on thier feild. what is the difference from taking down farmers crops to riding on a soccer feild owned by someone rented to someone else to make money? i have ridden quads, and if someone came on my property without permission i would punish them to the extent of the law. period. i have had the kid across the street arrested several times and his bike impounded several times for riding illegal.

Originally posted by yamablaster24
soccer fields dont grow back overnight, soccer lines dont repaint themselves, soil doesnt level itself out. MMhm

agree 100%

Instead of taking away ATVS why dosen't the county or state give them some were to ride so ppl stop tearing stuff up.

how about you don't buy an atv unless you have someplace to ride. you bought your atv when it was illegal to ride on soccer feilds, so why should it now be legal for them to ride anywhere they want just cause "waaaaa, i don't have a place to ride, waaaaaaaaa, but i bought my bike anyway."

Originally posted by 400EXtreme
thank you and so if some1 gets hurt severly they dont have to think twice about calling for help.

you shouldn't have to think twice. if you have to think twice your somewhere your NOT SUPPOSED TO BE. can you go into your school at night and play basketball? hell no you cant its tresspassing, its illegal, but no one would break into thier school to ride...oh thats right the county should built basketball courts with lights right down the street from you just so you can play...WRONG!

too bad the people that ride on that don't really care about bad press.

Originally posted by DieselBoy
Lovely, JUST lovely.

if they don't make the penalty stiff enough people are just going to keep breaking the law. why should others have to pay for some *******s riding. yea, he/she can pay to fix it, but that doesn't o**** for the days/months that feild/golfcourse whatever can't be used or has to be used in substandard conditions. STAY OFF OTHER PEOPLES LAND. PRETTY FREAKING SIMPLE.

I think the reason there is no support in communities is because of things like people riding on soccer fields , golf courses , local parks , and so on .

How can we as ATV riders expect respect from communities when we go out and destroy stuff ?? Like everything else , respect is not given , respect is earned .... and you can't expect respect from communities when guys on quads go out and rip the hell out of a soccer field or go build a track on someones private property . You wouldn't be happy if your neighbour built half his garage on your property and you wouldn't be happy if you planted a bunch of small trees only to have him come and run them over with his truck .

There are areas designated for recreational use for motorcycle riders and ATV riders . People open up tracks on private property so that people can ride there legally . Governments and other organizations designate certain areas for recreational use so that the riders are sure they aren't riding over rehabilitation areas .

As far as it being a felony , I'm all for it . If you knowingly ride on on someone elses land without permission , ride on areas that are being rehabilitated , ride on areas such as soccer fields , golf courses , parks , etc .... then yeah you should be forced to pay for all the damage , plus spend a bit of time behind bars thinking about what you did .

respect is earned, i do agree. there are areas made for riding. you bought a bike knowing where you could ride. why should it change now.

for all those that disagree, i want you to use this example. go to the local mall with 10 of your buddies. get into the parking lot with all the cars, now play baseball. make sure you hit the cars with your ball as much as you can. now...should all you have to do is pay for the damage? no, cause next time your just going to do it again, IF YOUR CAUGHT. if your not, MY insurance is going to go up for covering that cost. now, should that be legal just cause you don't have a local ball feild to play in? NO IT SHOULDN"T, so what is the difference?

I agree ppl should have to pay for damages and fines and all that crap. It dosen't matter if you are riding or walking or driving Trespasing is a felony. I just wish the goverment could open more riding areas. The closest one to my house is 3.5 Hours away. Luckly my grandma own 120Acre of field and woods

true...but governments are reserved to opening new places cause everyone just keeps tearing them up. i don't think its our governments responsibility to give us riding area. yes, do i wish i could ride on more then our 54 acres all the time? hell yea. but it isn't going to happen anytime soon and this kinda **** is just making it worse.

i agree and disagree. yes, they were tresspassing, but if i cut across someones property and accidently left tracks i shouldn't get the same punishment as someone that made a track and tore the crap out of land. should i be punished. YES. that is why i don't ride anywhere that i don't have permission. PERIOD.

Originally posted by bwamos
That's a very odd way to look at it.. lol

So you're saying the severity of the crime shouldnt be guaged by how much damage you do? :huh

They may not have said, lets cause $739 dollars worth of damage.. but they DID make the decision to go ride on the local soccer field. Common freaking sense will tell you any atv or motorcycle will tear up a soccer field. They made the decision to ride on an undesignated area, illegally, without regard to the damage they'd be causing. Your darn right they should pay a "price" fitting of the crime.

"Most" people under 20 dont realize how much labor costs. If you tore ruts into a soccer field in chicago on public land, you can bet your butt they are going to be paying at least $100/hr per union worker for labor.

If you have 3 people.. and it takes them only 1 days work (8hrs) to repair the damage.. that's $2400 just for labor not including equipment rental, materials, etc..

$100 an hour? umm...thats a lil high, and if it isn't, that is a whole other thing to be approached. union goverment workers get paid WAY to much if they are getting 100 per hour...wtf. maybe 100 per hour with all the other costs involved. trucks, tractors and the like. that seems mroe reasonable.

i wouldn't say most "under 20" i would say anyone immature enough to tear up someones property doesn't understand. weither they be 50 or 10.

bradley300
08-24-2006, 07:48 AM
they should all be punished period. why not mak all of it a felony. if ou want to ride on land, ASK FIRST. if the answer is no, than that means NO!if the answer is yes, get it in writing! it dosent get much more simpe than that does it?

Iliketogofast
08-24-2006, 09:13 AM
I'm not saying they shouldn't be punished, but if they are going to be punished it shouldn't be based on a factor like amount in dollars of property damage done.

If you tresspass, you should get a tresspassing charge. If you tresspass and do property damage, you should get a tresspassing charge AND a destruction of property charge. But a charge should be a charge, and they shouldn't turn it into a felony based on the amount of damage done.

A more sensible way to do it would be based on intent. If they intended to do as much damage as they could, it may be a felony but if they did the damage accidentally it should not... that kind of thing.

Also, is vandalism by itself (without a quad or bike) a felony, or are they just targeting bikes & quads and pinning them with a more severe punishment because they don't like them?

NorCalRacer
08-24-2006, 09:58 AM
Going onto property that isn't yours and causing damage pretty much sums up yor intent...

Make it a felony, take their quads, put points on their licences, you won't hear me cry about it. Some people just aren't mature enough to enjoy grown-up fun:rolleyes:

PismoLocal
08-24-2006, 10:42 AM
I think its good that they are cracking down on that sort of thing. If I owned land I wouldn't want a bunch of random kids I didnt know screwing around on my property. Its all fun and games until some one gets hurt, takes you to court, and sues you for every penny your worth. Bottom line don't tresspass on private property or vandalize public property with your quad and you won't have any thing to worry about.

08-24-2006, 10:50 AM
yeah my friend just moved to a new house with like 4 acres so he bought a quad and there is like 50 acres of the town behind his house for riding or walking etc (trails) so we went on that but eventually the trail ends up in some persons backyard (so their property has to extend into the trail a little...rather, the trail has to extend into their property a little) so, all we did was get a little paper and wrote 3 things
1. can we ride there
2. if we get hurt or if something breaks on their property, no one will get sued
3. We will not destroy/trespass on other parts of your property besides that trail

easy as that

PismoLocal
08-24-2006, 11:00 AM
I'm not saying they shouldn't be punished, but if they are going to be punished it shouldn't be based on a factor like amount in dollars of property damage done.

If you tresspass, you should get a tresspassing charge. If you tresspass and do property damage, you should get a tresspassing charge AND a destruction of property charge. But a charge should be a charge, and they shouldn't turn it into a felony based on the amount of damage done.

Lets say I come over to your house and break every window on your house with a baseball bat resulting in $10k worth of damage should I be charged with a misdameanor for tresspassing and vandalism and pay a $500 fine. Or should I be charged with a felony for causing your family $10k worth of damage.

With the soccer field $50k of damage to public property, is $50k worth of damage. I really dont see how causing $50k of damage to a public soccer field is any different then taking a slege hammer to the inside of city hall.

ak_stick
08-24-2006, 11:28 AM

A more sensible way to do it would be based on intent. If they intended to do as much damage as they could, it may be a felony but if they did the damage accidentally it should not... that kind of thing.

Also, is vandalism by itself (without a quad or bike) a felony, or are they just targeting bikes & quads and pinning them with a more severe punishment because they don't like them?

I'm glad to see that. Maybe now people will start to think about where they ride, and how it reflects on us as riders. If a couple people get felony tickets, those dont just go away like a speeding ticket, and carry much heftyier fines.

I'd even like to see impound/seziure of those ATVs. maybe then people will start to be responsible.

bwamos
08-24-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by gbcap
$100 an hour? umm...thats a lil high, and if it isn't, that is a whole other thing to be approached. union goverment workers get paid WAY to much if they are getting 100 per hour...wtf. maybe 100 per hour with all the other costs involved. trucks, tractors and the like. that seems mroe reasonable.

Nope.. easily $75-100/hour.

That's not what to worker makes.. that's what the company would charge for labor.

I'm a draftsman, and the company I work for charges $87.35 / hour for engineering time, and I dont make what mid level union labor makes. And, I'm in Kansas City, not Chicago.

A mid level union worker in chicago would make about $60k a year, I would imagine. (Not even close to an equipment operators pay).

60,000 / (40*52) = $28.85 / hour wage.

$28.85 / hour + benefits (double pay) = $57.70

Add in 35% margin (average margin for a government job, business isn't charity) = $57.50 * 1.35 = $77.63 / hour.

Heavy Equipment operator makes significantly more than a laborer and that's what they'd use.

Chevyfan0690
08-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Some riders just give evryone else a bad name.

DieselBoy
08-25-2006, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Chevyfan0690
Some riders just give evryone else a bad name.

Yeah, and the good riders pay for it.

MOFO
08-25-2006, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by gbcap
good, i hope they put tresspassing riders in jail!!! ITS NOT YOUR LAND!!

why are you mad. pay to ride like everyone else and dont ride on land that isn't yours. pretty freaking simple.

why is it unfair they want to fine/punish people for breaking the law. tresspassing is NO different then stealing. it costs someone money in the end. its not your land to ride on you shouldn't be riding on it.

thats the worst reasoning i have ever heard. it grows back? yes it does, months later. why should the soccer kids have rutted ****ty fields just cause someone rode on thier feild. what is the difference from taking down farmers crops to riding on a soccer feild owned by someone rented to someone else to make money? i have ridden quads, and if someone came on my property without permission i would punish them to the extent of the law. period. i have had the kid across the street arrested several times and his bike impounded several times for riding illegal.

agree 100%

how about you don't buy an atv unless you have someplace to ride. you bought your atv when it was illegal to ride on soccer feilds, so why should it now be legal for them to ride anywhere they want just cause "waaaaa, i don't have a place to ride, waaaaaaaaa, but i bought my bike anyway."

you shouldn't have to think twice. if you have to think twice your somewhere your NOT SUPPOSED TO BE. can you go into your school at night and play basketball? hell no you cant its tresspassing, its illegal, but no one would break into thier school to ride...oh thats right the county should built basketball courts with lights right down the street from you just so you can play...WRONG!

too bad the people that ride on that don't really care about bad press.

if they don't make the penalty stiff enough people are just going to keep breaking the law. why should others have to pay for some *******s riding. yea, he/she can pay to fix it, but that doesn't o**** for the days/months that feild/golfcourse whatever can't be used or has to be used in substandard conditions. STAY OFF OTHER PEOPLES LAND. PRETTY FREAKING SIMPLE.

respect is earned, i do agree. there are areas made for riding. you bought a bike knowing where you could ride. why should it change now.

for all those that disagree, i want you to use this example. go to the local mall with 10 of your buddies. get into the parking lot with all the cars, now play baseball. make sure you hit the cars with your ball as much as you can. now...should all you have to do is pay for the damage? no, cause next time your just going to do it again, IF YOUR CAUGHT. if your not, MY insurance is going to go up for covering that cost. now, should that be legal just cause you don't have a local ball feild to play in? NO IT SHOULDN"T, so what is the difference?

true...but governments are reserved to opening new places cause everyone just keeps tearing them up. i don't think its our governments responsibility to give us riding area. yes, do i wish i could ride on more then our 54 acres all the time? hell yea. but it isn't going to happen anytime soon and this kinda **** is just making it worse.

i agree and disagree. yes, they were tresspassing, but if i cut across someones property and accidently left tracks i shouldn't get the same punishment as someone that made a track and tore the crap out of land. should i be punished. YES. that is why i don't ride anywhere that i don't have permission. PERIOD.

i wouldn't say most "under 20" i would say anyone immature enough to tear up someones property doesn't understand. weither they be 50 or 10.

I finished reading this thread after the post I quoted above. I agree with every point.

End of discussion - his points are all valid. If you bought a damn ATV knowing you have no land to ride it on, its your OWN DAMN FAULT!

Another point that I have not seen yet is liablity of the land owner! In todays world, some kids could ride on his property, get hurt and sue the land owner.

firefighterjosh
08-25-2006, 08:07 AM

When I was younger I rode my buddies quad at his house. I was hooked. I only have 2acres at my house to ride on. I still bought a quad for those 2 times a year riding trips and the 5-10times I go to my grandmas every year.. Now I also do some racing. It shouldnt matter how much land you own. Everyone shold be allowed to own a quad.

Do you read dirt wheels? When you register your quad 100% of that is suppose to go to ATV related items. The goverment made tons of money millions of dollars and they could only prove 10% of the money going to atv related items.( sorry i don't have numbers) The goverment couldn't show were the rest of the money went. So you say there not responsible but they could try a little harder.

MOFO
08-25-2006, 08:17 AM
Everyone shold be allowed to own a quad.

... don't expect the gov't or your neighbor to give you land to ride on though - and just because someone does not have land to ride on does not make it LEGAL to ride on other peoples property!

I own a gun and have to register it. There are no gun ranges close to my house. Do I just go out my backyard and start shooting in my neighbors yard? Do I say its ok because I paid the gov't to register my gun and they have not built a gun range close to me???????

If you disagree with this, you personally have some fundamental issues that need worked on!

gbcap
08-25-2006, 08:25 AM
yes you have the right to own a quad. not saying you don't. but you don't have the right to ride on someone elses land. you also don't have the right to force someone to open up land for you to ride on.

you expected all the money to go to what its supposed to? shame on you. hahahahaha. jk, but seriously when is the last time the government did Exactly what they said they were gong to do. who did you register it with? in md we don't have to register so is that a state thing? we pay tax and that goes to the gov't. other then that there are no state fees unless you want a permit to ride on state land. that goes directly back to the DNR. they could try harder, but untill then people shouldn't be riding where they don't have permission. that makes it harder for the people that are waiting patiently to get the lands they so desperatly want. a few are ruining it for the rest.

firefighterjosh
08-25-2006, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
NO chit... don't expect the gov't or your neighbor to give you land to ride on though - and just because someone does not have land to ride on does not make it LEGAL to ride on other peoples property!

I own a gun and have to register it. There are no gun ranges close to my house. Do I just go out my backyard and start shooting in my neighbors yard? Do I say its ok because I paid the gov't to register my gun and they have not built a gun range close to me???????

If you disagree with this, you personally have some fundamental issues that need worked on!

If you would have read my posts earlier maybe you would have seen my side. I said earlier tresspassing is wrong, its a felony. I am just saying everyone shoulde allowed to own a quad. I know the Govt is a bunch of crooks and won't open anymore riding areas. Ppl shouldn't be riding on other ppls property. But there are those ppl out there that say "f the govt I will do as i plz" those ppl are the ones that ruin it for us. If the govt would step back and look. " Hey we have a problem here, ppl are tresspassing all the time" Maybe we should give this comunity a chance and give them 100acres to ride on. Maybe this will make the tresspassing go down and make everyone happy. If the tresspassing still happends then take the 100acres away. I think ppl should be punished for what they do. But not everyone should be punished. Even though we good ppl always do. I am just saying what I would like to see, I know it will never happen. The County next to me has been promising a riding park for the last few years, but for some reason they never get the funds? Hmmm in indiana it is now a law to register your quad. This Means you pay money so the govet can track you. Were is this money going????

MOFO
08-25-2006, 10:52 AM
If you would have read my posts earlier maybe you would have seen my side. I said earlier tresspassing is wrong, its a felony. I am just saying everyone shoulde allowed to own a quad. I know the Govt is a bunch of crooks and won't open anymore riding areas. Ppl shouldn't be riding on other ppls property. But there are those ppl out there that say "f the govt I will do as i plz" those ppl are the ones that ruin it for us. If the govt would step back and look. " Hey we have a problem here, ppl are tresspassing all the time" Maybe we should give this comunity a chance and give them 100acres to ride on. Maybe this will make the tresspassing go down and make everyone happy. If the tresspassing still happends then take the 100acres away. I think ppl should be punished for what they do. But not everyone should be punished. Even though we good ppl always do. I am just saying what I would like to see, I know it will never happen. The County next to me has been promising a riding park for the last few years, but for some reason they never get the funds? Hmmm in indiana it is now a law to register your quad. This Means you pay money so the govet can track you. Were is this money going????

I see your point... I thought you were of the mindset that since you own a quad, you have the right to ride it - anywhere. There are tons of kids on here that think this way.

As for where the $$$$ goes, its probably just like any tax or car registration.

firefighterjosh
08-25-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
I see your point... I thought you were of the mindset that since you own a quad, you have the right to ride it - anywhere. There are tons of kids on here that think this way.

As for where the $$$$ goes, its probably just like any tax or car registration.

Thank You......I didn't want to be one of those kids