PDA

View Full Version : help picking new quad

03warriorrider
08-23-2006, 05:31 PM
ok i have a 03 warrior with full wite brothers exhaust and im looking to buy a new bike. i ride probly 3/4 trail and the rest sand pits. im looking for a bike with a a little more power. ive been looking at the 400ex and the 450r and cant decide which one. i ride with a 400ex and for the most part can keep right up with him. im about 5' 8" and 180 lbs and have been riding for about 5 years now and was wondering if i could handle the 450r and if it will do good on tight somewhat rocky trails or if it has too much power for the tight trails.

Zeppelin03
08-24-2006, 06:21 AM
I have a 400ex and i ride trails and pits mostly, Ive never ridden a 450r but i would imagine it would handle just as good out in the trails..Both are good machines but if you want something thats a little less outdated save up and buy a 450r....also, where abouts in MA are you.

08-24-2006, 07:33 AM
the 450r likes to rev high, it does well in tight trails, just requires more clutch and throttle finess than the 400ex and warrior. it would handle those well, but will be a little harder to ride.

i have been riding for 24 or 25 years now and it was easy for me to control, but i had to learn to use the clutch and throttle differently. it is more like a 2 stroke than a 4 stroke. at least that is the only way i can describe it. you will be happy with either one, but there will always be this thought in the back of your mind..."why didn't i get the bigger bike"

03warriorrider
08-25-2006, 07:34 PM
thanx guys for the help.

Zeppelin03 i ride in the southern worcester area. i live in uxbridge.

onefast400ex
08-25-2006, 09:18 PM
Stay with yamaha get a yfz450. I used to own and 400ex and it was an awesome quad. But it seems like you have been riding for a while and the yfz is awesome on the trails and handles like a dream for me. I would go and check em all out and see what feels more comfy for you. Don't let anybody talk you out of what you want with saying that this and that aren't reliable. If you take care of your machine it will take care of you.

Bill Fuller
08-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by onefast400ex
Stay with yamaha get a yfz450. I used to own and 400ex and it was an awesome quad. But it seems like you have been riding for a while and the yfz is awesome on the trails and handles like a dream for me. I would go and check em all out and see what feels more comfy for you. Don't let anybody talk you out of what you want with saying that this and that aren't reliable. If you take care of your machine it will take care of you.

He's so smart!:D I agree 110% the Yamaha YFZ is the best quad I have ridden.There are many good deals out there.