PDA

View Full Version : AfterMarket Clutch

Big - D Racing
08-26-2002, 08:43 PM
Ok, my motor is finely fully built, a 440 race kit with the works. The only thing in my engine left to do is the clutch. I would love to get the Hinson set up of course. But it costs over $1000 (sidecase, inner hub, basket, pressure plate, and the actual clutch plates and springs) and I don't have that much to spend. So I was wondering if anyone has run barnett, ebc, etc.? What are opinions on any aftermarket kits? I'd prefer to hear from anyone who has actually rode with them and what they thought. What is the life span like? I already have a billet clutch basket, just waiting to get a new heavier duty clutch kit before I install it, which will be in the next couple of weeks.

Teufel
08-28-2002, 12:25 PM
In My opinion the Barnett wears the best, however there is a problem. The tabs on the fiber plates are considerably thinner than the stock ones. This beats the **** out of the fingers on the basket which can cause the clutches to lead off and make it difficult for them to disengage.
I have tried ebc also but I found the Honda oem to give me the best service..:cool: