PDA

View Full Version : Running Kymco ay Yadkinville GNCC

Pappy
08-23-2006, 02:28 PM
It appears Kymco will be handing over one of thier mini quads to Cody to race at the Yadkinville GNCC in a few weeks. I do not know anything about these models nor any areas I should tell them to address beyond the obvious XC prep.

Any help is appreciated!

badvox
08-23-2006, 08:10 PM
Hey Pappy

What is going to be done to it? Is he testing it totally stock?

If so he will be bored out of his mind.

Pappy
08-23-2006, 08:32 PM
As far as I know it will be in the stock/limited class so as long as the restrictors are removed he should be able to hang in there:p

I believe it is more for publicity and to get the model out in the publics eye then it is to try and score a win. We would run one fully modified if they have one and battle who ever is in front of us:p

badvox
08-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Unless they have changed it the only limiter on the 90 was the cdi rev limiter which is easily clipped. The 04, 05, 06 we clip the light green wire in the 4 plug connector.

He will reach top end of that stock clutch really quick and most likely will be WOT the whole race.

Paul may have more suggestions but stock form is stock form unfortuneately.

bowtiedmax
08-25-2006, 09:43 PM
Pappy,

We had thought about coming down there for that race, but I am well out of vacation for the year. And with Jesse wrapped up in football ??
Anyhow, let me find out what they are doing to it already, and I'll pass on any suggestions I can.

Paul:) ::ermm:

I keep hearing that the stock 90's are kicking butt in the stock MX classes. So they should do pretty good in XC.

cdalejef
09-06-2006, 06:44 AM
See ya there pappy!!!

TomDnSC
09-11-2006, 07:03 PM
So, what did you think?

Pappy
09-11-2006, 07:08 PM
well, we didnt think much:p

The folks that set this up thought cody just wanted to race so they grabbed up someones mini race quad figuring it would be ok for a kid. i would have prefered a stock quad that ran:p

i did watch the other Kymcos run and they seemed to do well. the cvt tranny with the 4 stroke did ok from what i could see, but ours wouldnt run past 1/2 throttle most of the time so cody couldnt really say how he liked it.

the larger kymcos did well though at the race