PDA

View Full Version : Tube or No Tube in Front tire

tkatka70
08-26-2002, 07:42 PM
I have old tires on my 250X and they have tubes put in them because there are so many cracks in them. I just order Brand New Holeshots XC and i was just wandering sence i got a pair of tubes should i use them. Or sould i just bead them like normal. I know it would be alot easier to use the tube so then i can avoid the hassle of beading them. Is there any Dissavantage to having tubes in your front tires.

THANKS

holeshot19
08-26-2002, 07:46 PM
i use tubes the bad side is you cant throw a plug in them. i like them because some of the holeshot tire i have run seem to get small pim holes in them seems around where the knobs hook in to the tire

big-guy
08-27-2002, 06:35 AM
Usually it isn't a good idea to run tubes in a tubeless tire because it tends to create more heat, but since we're talking about an offroad application, and relatively low speeds, I don't think it'll be an issue.

cdalejef
08-27-2002, 07:30 AM
You will still need to seat the beads even with tubes in the tires. I would not run the tubes. I have only had one flat since I started running Holeshot XC in 97. The one flat was at the last GNCC in MD, it was a side wall pinch from hitting one of the many huge rocks.
:grr

Teufel
08-27-2002, 08:22 AM
Avoid using tubes

tkatka70
08-27-2002, 08:48 PM
ok i think i might just go tubeless then