PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lake Dune Trip

firefighterjosh
08-22-2006, 11:46 PM
Anyone going to the Dunes Sept 16 Weekend? I will be up there with some buddies.

Live to ride
08-23-2006, 05:52 PM
i could be there but not sure bc of school i have to go atleast three more times so maybe the 16th ill see

firefighterjosh
08-23-2006, 06:59 PM
Cool let me know if you go up there

TRD2003
08-26-2006, 03:40 PM
I should be up there every weekend in september or until its get too cold to ride. My friends just got a place near the dunes so i try to go every chance i get.

firefighterjosh
08-27-2006, 07:06 PM
We will prally be staying the in the Silver Sands Resort. Are rig will consist of.

A full XC Ready 400ex red plastic red frame.
A blue Stock YFZ 450
Black 05 Piped 450r

Not sure about trailer yet. We might be taking a inclosed that was W.A. Jones Racing on it.

If not look for a big Red Diesle DODGE Truck that blows alot of smoke out the stacks.

If you seee us say hey.

Later

Jackie
09-13-2006, 05:28 AM
have fun the weather is going to be great for you. with all the storms we have had, the dunes should be smooth as silk. darn it i wish i could go this weekend but the doc says stay off the quad for 8 weeks so my ribs heal from the last time i was there..july 15..lol
chow

LTandRaptorider
09-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Jackie
have fun the weather is going to be great for you. with all the storms we have had, the dunes should be smooth as silk. darn it i wish i could go this weekend but the doc says stay off the quad for 8 weeks so my ribs heal from the last time i was there..july 15..lol
chow

Ummm... dear... Maybe you hit your head too! You were there a week after we were... Which was July 27-28. :blah:

Jackie
09-13-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Ummm... dear... Maybe you hit your head too! You were there a week after we were... Which was July 27-28. :blah:
Oh no mister bill... I ment Aug 13th (my lucky number) or maybe not so lucky anymore...I am so blonde...LOL

Jackie
09-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider

umm did you hit your head?? where was I a week after silver??
just kick me!:eek:

LTandRaptorider
09-13-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Jackie
umm did you hit your head?? where was I a week after silver??
just kick me!:eek:

Why yes I did hit my head... several times, to no effect that I've noticed... Now, what were we talking about? :confused:

Oh yes, how to keep sand outta your crack... :blah:

Let's see... where were you the week after I went up there to ride? Hmmm... Oh yeah, I still have to clean the guns! :p

beany
09-14-2006, 05:43 PM
Yeah I'm thinking about heading there to that weekend. It will be my first time going Finally worked has slowed down a bit, Thinking i will be buy myself so i will need someone to ride with. Maybe i will see you there.

Chris S.
09-15-2006, 02:55 PM
Hope the sand is in better shape than last weekend. We were there to watch the hill climb races last weekend and the sand was rough as could be on sunday. It can't be worse. I won't be able to get back there till october. Have fun!

firefighterjosh
09-17-2006, 09:26 PM
Just got back great vacation. One of are buddies snapped a swing arm in half. I seen a pred and a warrior colide. The warrior WON! lol. The pred suffered a broken hub and the warrior had a bent bumper. We got my bud to take out his Cummins finally. Got kicked out of the go-kart track. (every year thing) Ummmm other then that it was a great time.

Raptor68
09-18-2006, 12:45 PM
Oh yes, got to love Craig's Cruisers lol. They REALLY don't like it when you drive rough haha. I go there every time I am up there as well. There's a brand new go-kart place (I think on Highway B15) towards Pentwater. Just as good, if not better, than Craig's Cruisers. I think it opened in June.

beany
09-18-2006, 02:48 PM
Yeah I was there on Saturday. Really busy ! Josh I may have seen you on Saturday you were on you way out, Red dodge with stacks trailer with three of four quads and a bike? Wasnt sure though. All and all a good trip for myself alot of fun, and I will be back in two weeks

Live to ride
09-18-2006, 06:39 PM
craigs crusers sucks go down the street a little bit the enclosed nascar little go carts just as fast but not as slippry they will let you kill each other....best go cart place ever

firefighterjosh
09-18-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by beany
Yeah I was there on Saturday. Really busy ! Josh I may have seen you on Saturday you were on you way out, Red dodge with stacks trailer with three of four quads and a bike? Wasnt sure though. All and all a good trip for myself alot of fun, and I will be back in two weeks

That Was us. There was a red Exploerer with 3 quads on it in front of it. I was a passenger in the explorer.

Is there anywere to party there? We walked around the camp grounds and no luck.

beany
09-18-2006, 09:16 PM
Alright i remember the explorer alittle to. I was in the parking lot with the two banshees, working on a flat. Its a dry two as far as i know, so you have to supply your own party

firefighterjosh
09-18-2006, 09:22 PM
We are all 21 so I had bevarages but We ran out and ran to the little store and they were closing, but the lady let us in. Close call lol. We were just looking for the woman:devil: lol

firefighterjosh
09-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by beany
Alright i remember the explorer alittle to. I was in the parking lot with the two banshees, working on a flat. Its a dry two as far as i know, so you have to supply your own party

Did you ever go into the dune shop? there was a Hot Chick behind the register with a huge chew in lol.