PDA

View Full Version : District #5 racers (SW PA)

rodman
08-22-2006, 07:38 PM
Sup guys, Im kind of a newbie to racing but once i get my 400ex ready (nerfs and kill switch), what else do I need for racing here, I also got some number plates... can I get my own number or is it assigned to me when I go to race?
Any other advice or comments welcome

Thanks
Chris

gbcap
08-22-2006, 08:12 PM
hey man. i am from westminster. i am assuming g burg is gettysburg. i can help you out with all your racing questions. i run the d5 xc stuff, d7, gncc and others. you can put any number you want on your plates for most races. your number doesn't have to be what is on your plates for most xc series unless your in the A class. mx is a different story sometimes.

rodman
08-22-2006, 09:16 PM
actually thats greensburgh pa, but I do want to run d5 xc like the hare scrambles. what do I need to do to run in these? and where would i practice for these events

gbcap
08-23-2006, 04:48 AM
well you would have to do some research to find out where some riding areas are around you. out west there you shouldnt have a problem finding something close. if you hop on www.450rhq.com there are alot of guys ou that way that know places to ride.

basically it sounds like your bike is fine to race them. just have to find a race and show up. you'll need a ama card ($39) and pay each races entry fee. then just have fun.

www.koontzadventures.com
www.gnccracing.com
www.atlanticgrandprix.com
www.amadistrict7.com
www.amadistrict5.com