PDA

View Full Version : steering stabilizers

DEVINF450R
08-22-2006, 06:30 PM
I am not wanting the $400 jobs..I am just wanting to know if the ones that are 100-150 bucks are worth it, how long do they last before they are wore out, which ones to buy. and are the ones that are 170 and rebuildable...I know pretty much nill about these things so ANY info on how they work and all that jive would be helpfull

bansheexcracer2
08-22-2006, 10:23 PM
I have a noss machine and it is nice but not rebuildable. I would get the rebuildable for the extra $50.

korniev
08-23-2006, 02:15 AM
I have PEP and after 1 year it broke. I can feel it does not really work now. When it used to be brand new, it made a noticable difference. I am now thinking about getting a used Denton which is probably not better but at least it'll work and I am able to sell the bike. On my next bike, I'll put Precision for sure.
Yeh by the way my buddy had PEP on his Banshee and it broke after 1st race!!!!

08-23-2006, 03:58 AM
i have 2 of the noss machines, you can buy a brand new dampener(no mounts) for $40. if you get a rebuildable one, the kit to rebuild it is about $20...if you have the factory rebuild it for, the n you are looking at $25 or more...so for a few dollars less, you can buy a new damner for cheaper than you could have one rebuilt

they have lasted well over a year for me and make a huge difference...i will never ride without one again. i had one waiting for me before i even bought the new bike

xsr_racing28c
08-23-2006, 07:30 AM
I just bought a Precision stablizer for my 450r and i havn't been able to installed it yet, but i'm excited to try it out cuz i've heard good things. I've never run with a stabilizer on a quad so its going to be something different and i hope it will be a positive improvement for the quad.

I'm curious to see how the cheaper ones work as well..~JAY

ACEwrench
08-23-2006, 08:06 AM
well in desert racing stabilizers tend to break quite often...we have 2 different ones on our yfzs..we have a GPR as the primary and a Denton as the back up. we have never had a problem w/ the Dentons, they hold up rather well considering the low price tag...GPRs are quite a bit more but it has never failed on us, so i believe they are worth it.

bwamos
08-23-2006, 08:54 AM
Been running my Denton stick for about 6 years. Bought it after I seperated my shoulder to help with the fatigue. I've only had to rebuild it once.

DEVINF450R
08-23-2006, 12:05 PM
HOW MUCH DO THEY HELP WITH ARM PUMP? IT GOT SO BAD LAST RACE I WAS IN I LOST IT IN THE WHOPPS

08-23-2006, 12:35 PM
it cuts it down some, but nothing beats practice and training for that

md1985250r
08-23-2006, 04:00 PM
I run a GPR and LOVE IT!!!!!!! It is well worth the extra $$$$. It is rebuildable too. Also new on the market is the ELKA, for about the same money as GPR. I have heard some good things about it as well.
I know saving money is important to almost everyone, but you get what you pay for. ;)

400exrider707
08-24-2006, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by DEVINF450R
HOW MUCH DO THEY HELP WITH ARM PUMP? IT GOT SO BAD LAST RACE I WAS IN I LOST IT IN THE WHOPPS

Thats not really what it is designed to do though. They are used to take sudden hits away, so it wont jerk the handlebars out of your hands. I run a JPMX stick style and love it. I really dont even notice it anywhere on the track until I rail a rut or a rock with one front tire, and the bars stay almost perfectly straight and it hardly puts any pressure on me.