PDA

View Full Version : Truck Exhaust Questions

400exrida06
08-22-2006, 12:43 PM
Ok im a real big chevy fan and i wanted to get an s10 and make it look sweet, but instead my grandpa gave me his 1993 dodge dakota because hes ill and doesnt drive it anymore, but i cant find any aftermarket parts theres just the odd thing on ebay like rims and exhaust, but i want to put dual exhaust on and theres this place on ebay selling the kits which do you think is better the dual exhaust with magnaflow stainless muffler or the dual exhaust system with flowmaster. I want something with a nice loud rumble, or anything that would sound sweet, thanks alot.

Scro
08-22-2006, 01:21 PM
If it's a V8, exhaust will be OK. But, please, if it's a V6 or 4 cylinder keep the stock exhaust. It will just annoy the hell out of everyone else:p

To answer your question, I would go with Flowmaster.

MoToX199
08-22-2006, 01:44 PM
depends if money is a issue,if its not then i would get borla,borla has to be the best out there,you get the most power and sound from them,^^^now like said above me if its not a v8 then your better off keeping your stock exhaust,but if it is a v8 then i would def go with borla,but if you dont have the money for them,then my vote would have to be flowmaster,if you do go with flowmaster then go with 40 series there thebest from flow

LTZ400rider
08-22-2006, 03:02 PM
the dodge dakota v6 sounds good, sounds better than a ford v8 imo. i dont even like dodges, but id be the first one to tell you they are the loudest trucks out there. id go with borla or magnaflow, deep soundin mufflers. if you cant find a dual exhaust kit just buy a 1 into 2 muffler and take it to a shop and have a custom made dual exhaust. it will probaly cost you 300-500 bucks

mustang25
08-22-2006, 03:11 PM
it deffinitely depends on your taste, personally i like flowmasters(great deep tone, worthy of great respect!!!...lol) but if u want to hear the sound of a magnaflow, you can go to magnaflow.com and click hear it.

400exrida06
08-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Well I was looking on ebay and i found the dual exhaust kit and for the flowmaster it comes to about 229 and for the magnaflow it comes to about 250 and it comes with everything needed, just the tips have to be welded on