PDA

View Full Version : Polishing Small Parts

cgndhhh
08-22-2006, 10:46 AM
I am working on polishing some small parts and I was wondering if I use white rouge polish after the sanding, do I still need to go voer the white rouge again with like mothers mag polish? or would the white rouge basically do the same work as the mother mag polish? and Ive gotten it sanded pretty good to about 1500 grit, Ive just tried using a polish called blue Magic but it still leaves a kind of dull shine to it, does that mean I need to polish more or just sand more? any help would be greatly apprecited, and yes I have searched the forum and read lots of posts about polishing like mx's how to but it doesnt talk alot about my questions, thanks

02440exkid
08-22-2006, 05:28 PM
you should keep polishing until the sand marks are gone

cbr929rr
08-30-2006, 08:28 PM
You should use black compound after sanding to 800-1000, then use brown tripoli compound and you will see a nice shine, finish up with white rouge and final detail with mothers mag and aluminum. Two more hints: use a different buffing wheel with each compound and clean the aluminum parts with acetone on a rag before going to the next compound. I have polished many parts on sportbikes this way and they look awesome for a while then some of them start to oxidize quickly. I think it may happen to cheaper cast parts, not as likely on billet or bar stock. Caswell polishing supplies has a great forum on polishing and that is wear i buy all my supplies.

firefighterjosh
08-30-2006, 08:38 PM
I bought this stuff calle Busch from a Truck stop. It is pink and smells funny but work very well.

Xplocivic
08-31-2006, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
It is pink and smells funny

I know some other stuff like that.... you can even get it at truck stops. :eek2:

firefighterjosh
08-31-2006, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Xplocivic
I know some other stuff like that.... you can even get it at truck stops. :eek2:

LMFAO HAHAHAHAHa......Would you be talking about a Lot Lizard:scary: