PDA

View Full Version : Honda 300 Fourtrax

mendelc
08-22-2006, 10:31 AM
I have a honda 300 fourtrax that has been sitting up for several years without being cranked. Last weekend I bought a new battery and tried cranking it with no luck. I took the carbuerator apart and took all the jets out and sprayed it with cleaner. Once I put it back together it cranked up with the choke on but once I take the choke off it shuts off and if I try to give it some gas it shuts off. Does anyone have any idea why the proper amount of gas is not getting to the valves without the choke on? I was told the valve may need adjusting but I'm not sure if this is the problem. Any ideas??

underpowered
08-22-2006, 10:44 AM
carb still aint clean, it is not getting enough fuel. if need be, replace teh pilot and main jets, they are pretty cheap.

mendelc
08-22-2006, 11:20 AM
Thanks underpowered, I will get some new jets for the carb and see if this won't solve my problem.

08-22-2006, 11:43 AM
yeah I hate when those darn jets get clogged. I usually have to take like a sewing pin and scrape all of it out. Then hit it with a little carb cleaner and it would solve the problem.