PDA

View Full Version : Computer Help

JRP
08-22-2006, 09:04 AM
Alright i got a problem... lol. I have 2 diff computers im on, this one for AIM, and Limewire, and my other one for all the internet research stuff and nitto, well on the other computer with my nitto and all my internet stuff, when i shut it down last night, and tried to restart it today, it goes through some of its processes then stops at Verifying DMI Pool Data, then it says A disk reader error, then i cant get passed that to be able to get onto the computer to use it. Any Suggestions? It was running perfectly when i shut it off. Thanks, Pepper

orca0294
08-22-2006, 09:14 AM
possible errror in the disk, you may have to reinstall windows but I'd check out computerforums.com there is way more help on there then there is here.

XCAdam89
08-22-2006, 09:35 AM
Your Hard Drive may have failed....but I'm not completely sure..

Ralph
08-22-2006, 09:43 AM
you dont have a floppy disk or any other removable blank media in the computer do you? sometimes it will try to boot off of the blank media and that obviously doesnt work

QuadManKev
08-22-2006, 10:13 AM
Check the boot process in you BIOS settings to see if its trying to boot off of something else other than the hard drive itself. If you don't end up getting it working then I have an extra hard drive or two laying around and I could see if it works with one of those in it.

JRP
08-22-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by XCAdam89
Your Hard Drive may have failed....but I'm not completely sure..

i odnt have a clue, lol. I dont know anything about computers, so whatever you just said kevin, i dont have a clue about the boot process, lol. But theres no floppy disk in there. How could my hard drive failed?

Rip_Tear
08-22-2006, 04:07 PM
Hard drives will die from use and age, and sometimes just failure. You can try and unplug your floppy drive if you want and see if it works.

The boot process has to do with the Bios, if you hit Del (delete) when your computer starts you go into this menu deal and you can find your boot process in there, you might need your mother board manual for that.

If you can't figure out the boot process and unpluging the floppy drive doesn't work, you might need to get someone to take a look at it.

QuadManKev
08-22-2006, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
Hard drives will die from use and age, and sometimes just failure. You can try and unplug your floppy drive if you want and see if it works.

The boot process has to do with the Bios, if you hit Del (delete) when your computer starts you go into this menu deal and you can find your boot process in there, you might need your mother board manual for that.

If you can't figure out the boot process and unpluging the floppy drive doesn't work, you might need to get someone to take a look at it.

depending on what motherboard you have, which key you have to press to get to your BIOS settings will vary. It will say on the boot screen, but most likely it will either be Delete, F2, F8, or F10. Aside from that, i would just say try another hard drive. If thats not what went wrong then I would guess either the motherboard or something in the chipset.

You can always try reflashing it?

JRP
08-22-2006, 07:59 PM
well i talked to my uncle and since he built our computer he said that the hard drive is failed. Hes pickin us up a new one tomorrow.