PDA

View Full Version : Big gun slip on vs Big gun complete system

yellow400
08-26-2002, 05:02 PM
Is it worth it for me to buy the full Big gun system, i arleady have the slip on , but is it worth it to sell it and buy the full system, Like is it going to make that big of a difference??

IS there anything that i can get that would make my 400 faster, instead of the BIG GUN complete system or should i keep the BIG gun slip on, and what else should i get with that???

thanks

bansheeguy77
08-26-2002, 05:16 PM
well the complete system will flow better than the stock header....u will notice some power...worth 250? i dont know about that with a stock motor....with piston, cam, porting and good stuff is it worth it? yes it is....so if ur plannin 2 do future motor work get it cause u will need it.

Big - D Racing
08-26-2002, 08:12 PM
don't get a big gun at all. Check out this site it rates 20 different full systems. It dyno tests them and tells how much hp that pipe puts out. Big Gun did the worst along with Dg.
www.atvnews.com/output.cfm?id=30961

yellow400
08-26-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Big - D Racing
don't get a big gun at all. Check out this site it rates 20 different full systems. It dyno tests them and tells how much hp that pipe puts out. Big Gun did the worst along with Dg.
www.atvnews.com/output.cfm?id=30961

I already have the slip on. ANd i like it. All different places say different things, read on marcums website it said that big gun was the best.

Big - D Racing
08-26-2002, 08:19 PM
All i'm saying is the dyno doesn't lie, and the test was done by a national credited magazine company. In my opinion Atv Sport is the best Atv magazine atleast in terms of sport atv's. If you like Big Gun, Ride It. The complete of course, would out perform just the slip on. The faster the air can be pushed through the system the more power it will add.;)

Castor-426ex
08-26-2002, 08:56 PM
yeah but that wasnt the race series..the newer pipes are different...go get a dyno on that

and yeah everyone says something different...

get what you want...if you dont like it take it back...dont take anyones word on a product being crap unless youve tried the product and it was crap...

cals400ex
08-26-2002, 10:50 PM
does anyones big gun silencer leak? my friend has one and it leaks pretty bad on the back of the muffler. his is only 2 weeks old also.

Big - D Racing
08-26-2002, 11:06 PM
Sounds like a design flaw, take it back and get another. No exhaust should do that.

bansheeguy77
08-27-2002, 01:27 PM
i never had any problems with my big gun...and big d honestly man u gotta stop the big gun hating every post i see of yours ur raggin big gun...have u ever ridden 1? did a big gun beat u to bad? whats up with it man. and 1 thing never believe the mags they lie i found that out many times....the only thing their good at now is pictures....go get ur self a race series and u will love it.

mxriderona400ex
08-27-2002, 03:14 PM
i would go the full system.the header helps ALOT!!!!!!!!