PDA

View Full Version : What do I do now?!?

Punk'd
08-21-2006, 10:59 PM
Today must have been the worst day of my life.. Everything has went wrong.

I put my new piston in and get everything bolted up and I was happy all untill I went to kick it and the kicker didnt move at all.. it was locked up..

So I take everything off and when it comes to the thermostat wire connection.. (The part you unscrew) it snaps. So thats $30. Well then I go to take off the cam assembly.. Well I wiggle it nice and slow and all of a sudden it pulles straight off and off went a SHIM:eek: and guess where that little b*****d went?

STRAIGHT down my cam chain slot. YES I had that hole covered, but I guess when I pulled up on the cam assembly, the towel lifted as well. So im totally bummed out on what to do, I guess I have no choice other that get it serviced.. Great how much is this going to cost me:rolleyes:

Anyway I dont understand why the kicker was locked up? I took the top end off and it moves all the way threw?

What a terrible day so if you could please cut back on the harsh comments I just need some help/Advice.

Thanks guys:(

400exrider0004
08-21-2006, 11:48 PM
This will probably sound stupid but when your tired or at least when I am, I start to rush and everything seems to get worse. I mean you work forever on the bike and then it doesnt work, and then when you take it apart something screws up you want to scream. So what I would do is get some rest and then look at it again tomorrow and you will look at it totally different, i guarantee it. Anyways you more than likely can do the same and probably more than what the service or local shop can do. Theres always a way to fix it. Sorry about how corny it sounds:rolleyes:

About the kicker I am not sure...When you took the top end off it worked, so something in between must of locked it up. I would just get a fresh start and get that damn shim out.

Sorry for the lecture

Josh

GPracer2500
08-22-2006, 12:16 AM
To retrieve the shim, I'd try a mechanics magnet first....

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/sjdiscounttools_1907_6466585

...you might get lucky. If that doesn't work you can remove the left crankcase cover to access the area where the cam chain is driven. The shim will be down there somewhere.

It happens--I've been there....

13th Grave
08-22-2006, 12:20 AM
I'm not to sure if it's the same or not but when my banshee locked up a couple people were telling me that they thought there engines were blown but it was like the spring or gear on the kick start shaft or something I can't remember but if I were you just go back and check it over and see what's going on.

Punk'd
08-22-2006, 05:09 AM
Yes, I was very tired, stressed and just in a hurry to get things done. Its been a month or so since i've rode last and now I just have to wait longer:rolleyes:

Is pulling the L crankcase cover off easy or is everything going to fall apart on me?

What a nightmare:(

400ex45
08-22-2006, 05:43 AM
no the left side cover is real easy.