PDA

View Full Version : Race rules

Rhino
08-26-2002, 04:12 PM
I have Graydon nerfs on my EX. I am still using the stock a-arms. If I read the rules correctly the nerfs can not extend past the imaginary line from your front tire to your rear tire. The Graydon's stick out past that. I have them in as far as they can go. I am planning on getting some +1 a-arms but I still think the nerfs will be wider. Are the Graydon's just that big? Would AC or DG nerfs be better for racing? The only way I could get the Graydon's in closer is to do some cutting on them and shorten them up. Has anyone else noticed this?

airheadedduner
08-26-2002, 04:20 PM
I have never heard of a rule like that. My graydons stick out almost as far as my front end and I run +2 laeger's and offset douglas wheels. Noone said anything to me about them. I don't think the graydon's stick out any farther then any other bars. Just go to the track, I doubt anyone will say anything at all.

MxDale71
08-26-2002, 05:18 PM
If you're into racing, and going to buy a-arms, go ahead and buy +2 or +3 instead of spending the money on +1 and still not being wide enough. The wider, the better... corners are one of the most important parts of MX racing.

tprender
08-26-2002, 06:06 PM
It is in the rule book that your nerf bars should not go past the line from the rear tire to the front tire. When I do the tech at the GNC nationals I give the riders a little bit of play. This is something that the riders have no control over when they buy a set of nerfbars.
And the wider the better is wrong. Any Pro rider will tell you that if you are to wide you will spin out more in when making some corners. Also there is a limit of 50 in and all riders will pass though a spreader bar to check for wheel width at the GNC nationals.

Rhino
08-26-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by MxDale71
If you're into racing, and going to buy a-arms, go ahead and buy +2 or +3 instead of spending the money on +1 and still not being wide enough. The wider, the better... corners are one of the most important parts of MX racing.

I do alot of trail riding and I don't want to get too wide for the trails.

kicker696
08-26-2002, 09:43 PM
just go with +2 i mean the only time you really are on a trail that is smaller than that is made just for quads, but mostly the trails are old roads, or snowmobile trails, they are pretty wide!

tprender
08-27-2002, 07:08 AM
It all depends on where you live and what type of riding ther is in that area. I had to take off my +2 axle(48 in) because I could not make it though the trees in the area that I ride. If trail riding or XC racing try to stay al close to stock width as possible. MX racing go to 49 1/2 in.

08-27-2002, 07:32 AM
Rhino just go with some +1 arms. I was in the same boat as you and decided to go with +1 houser arms. They did help especially when running a offset front wheel with them while on a MX track. I also run an extended axle and have yet to adjust it to a smaller length to go trail riding. You'll be happy with the +1 arms,,I have no problem keeping up with and passing quads with +2 arms..

cdalejef
08-27-2002, 07:37 AM
Hey Rico, you only have a week and a half to get ready for the next GNCC!;)

08-27-2002, 07:41 AM
I'll probably need about a year and a half to get ready,,,I haven't rode in like 5 weeks or more and I'm way out of shape. Heck I'm sore from climbing up the cliffs at rough river and jumping off..:o I'm pretty much a full blown sorry arse at this time..:(

cdalejef
08-27-2002, 07:43 AM
No better way to get into shape than to run a 2 hour GNCC!:macho

08-27-2002, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
No better way to get into shape than to run a 2 hour GNCC!:macho

You gonna push my broke down, none walking, sore butt around work the following week of the race..:eek: at this time I am anti-->:macho LMAO

cdalejef
08-27-2002, 07:47 AM
LOL....at least come and watch.

Rhino
08-27-2002, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Rhino just go with some +1 arms. I was in the same boat as you and decided to go with +1 houser arms. They did help especially when running a offset front wheel with them while on a MX track. I also run an extended axle and have yet to adjust it to a smaller length to go trail riding. You'll be happy with the +1 arms,,I have no problem keeping up with and passing quads with +2 arms..

I will be going with the +1 arms, I was just a little unclear on the rules. It sounds like it really isn't an issue though. What width axle do you have Rico?