PDA

View Full Version : tis the season

Stevie-D
08-21-2006, 07:14 PM
thats right, demo derby season!! im running an olds delta 88 next week. between gettin pissed at the truck and workin on the cars for the demo, me and a few friends found a way to blow off some steam. i've got a 78 t-bird sittin in my yard thats about to throw a rod, and my friend got an old chevy 1500 (70-something model). we're goiing to pull the 350 out of it for his demo car. we were sittin around the garage, i looked at him, he looked at me, we hopped in them and took em back in the old shale quarry on my property. had our own mini demo derby. we had roasted the rear tires off of the truck, and by the time we were done for the night, he was running on wheels. i ran out of gas and killed the battery in my car. batterys chargin now, and were gonna go try to finish em off after work tomorrow. if i can manage to get the t-bird onto my track i am going to attempt to jump it. ive done it with a dakota before..not sure how the thunderchickens gonna make out. took some pictures, i'll try to get em up tomorrow.

anyone else running in any demo derbys this year?

RaptorRacer45
08-21-2006, 07:21 PM
Shippensburg Derby?.......Ill be there Spectating (i live less than 5 mins from the Fairgrounds):D

Doober
08-21-2006, 07:28 PM
i ran our fair derby last year, didnt get a car this year though...