PDA

View Full Version : My 700 Raptor got stolen today!!!

xiwiwix
08-21-2006, 06:40 PM
I left the house at about 2:30pm today to go to the grocery store and drove home 2 hours later to find several trooper waiting for me to get home. He said my ATV was stolen but they think they found them. Thet cut 2 big Master locks to get into my shed and took the Raptor. I also have a 2003 Z400 which they left.

For those of you who are from and know New Castle Delaware. these guys drove my bike down Churchmans road, then Rt. 273 and eventually stopped at Burger King where thet apparently stalled it and couldnt get it started again. For those of you who DONT know Delaware, these are major highways that they drove it down and never got caught until they stalled it.

I followed the trooper down to ID the Raptor and prove it was mine, then I could take it. My neighbor across the street saw them take it so she called the police. A buisness beside burger king called the police when they saw the boys trying to start it. They said it looked suspicious. (3 teenagers on 1 ATV...) ha ha ha

Anyhow, just thought I'd share the news with you guys, I am glad the police did there job....

Eddie

exrider008
08-21-2006, 06:56 PM
wow man you r really lucky that u got it back. was there any damage to the quad beside tires (im gessing they are worn to nothing)

firefighterjosh
08-21-2006, 07:22 PM
Atleast you got your quad back i one peice. My grandmas nieghbors had 2 quads stolen. The theives rolled them down a hill so no one could hear them start them and drove off. They found 1 quad wreck in the ditch 1 day later, then found the other 6 Months later trashed and thrown into a creek.

exboomer
08-21-2006, 09:36 PM
Theft insurance is not that expensive.

firefighterjosh
08-21-2006, 09:44 PM
My Insurance through progressive is $150 a year. It include liability, theft, and collision

DieselBoy
08-23-2006, 12:07 AM
wow, talk about damn lucky. you need to take further security measures from now on. My quads are locked tit-tight in my garage with the front bay doors and rear door secured shut with stoppers. Good luck getting in.

hondaboy400ex55
08-23-2006, 04:28 PM
yeah i wish i could find mine it was stoll 6-11

(and my moms a cop)

well i gotta lead its in tampa

08-23-2006, 09:26 PM
AAAAAAHHHHHH I HOPE THEY HOT WIRED IT.OR WAS THE KEY IN IT?:eek2: OR IN THE SHED?:huh

DieselBoy
08-23-2006, 10:05 PM
yeah howd they start it????

wouldnt it start if you grounded the battery and used a screwdriver on both sides of the solenoid?

xiwiwix
08-24-2006, 07:16 PM
I had ot out downloading the map for the PC III and put it away in the shed with the key in it. I was getting it back out when I got home and wad lazy and didnt put the rope lock on it...I know.....My own stupid fault....It wont happen again though.

08-25-2006, 06:56 AM
was any 1 around when you were doing this so they knew the key was in it,or could they see into the shed and see that the key was in it?

kawi_kfx13
08-26-2006, 02:20 PM
man ur lucky hell i park my kfx outside...**** i live in the country but still im...hidin it now..and taken the key,...a while back i came home and couldnt find it...woried sick..found out my bro had it at his friends house...lol...idk but ya im defently gona start lockin it up

73watermutt
08-28-2006, 03:01 PM
glad to hear that you got it back

Xater
08-29-2006, 07:44 PM
mine doesnt have a ignitoin :p plus 2 strokes are easy to start without a key anway you just got to unplug the ignitoin...
it sits outside with a tarp over it cuz it doesnt fit inside my shed cuz of extended axle... i live where people wouldent think of stealing a quad. i think they should make quads harder to hot wire, my freind has a 300ex and you can just plug the wire into the others and it will start.

Blue_Streak23
08-30-2006, 09:20 AM
wow man you are lucky to have found it.

>>>But if there were 3 thefts, why didn't they take teh Z for an extra ride?????????lol

Talljess
09-01-2006, 01:38 AM
I know you heard this alredy but damn your a lucky dude...Has anyone ever tried the atv alarms or are they a waste of cash

drgreenthumb420
09-08-2006, 12:48 AM
u really are lucky, i left mine in the yard one day 4 like a hour while i was going to get gas and came back to find it to be gone.THAT REALLY PISSED ME OFF. THE ONLY THING I HAVE REALLY EVER GOT FROM MY DADDY (1 YEAR OLD 02 WARRIOR BOUT IT BRAND NEW) and i come home with a full can of gass and no warrior no more.....the he died like a year after it got stolen then a year after that i got it back, its tore all 2 hell tho my local
yamaha shop said $5500 worth of damage but that is with labor and taxes, so when i go to court 4 it iam gonna get like $4000 i hope. And buy a yz250

Someone said something about they need to make better ignitions or something, when really what they need to do is cut offthe thefts finger