PDA

View Full Version : '05 trx450r air/fuel mixture issue

450RgETiRdONE
08-21-2006, 06:20 PM
Seem to be to rich not sure.? Motor idles just fine, low end 1st, 2nd gear, i start to get mid on throttle to 3/4 it starts to bog, muffle, choke out if you will, 3rd gear to 4th gear same thing more gas i give the motor 1/2 throttle to 3/4 try to get full throttle it bogs down.

What the issue. But if i just give it like 2/5 throttle its okay, i just ball all out.

I went riding over the week-end at sand lake in oregon. I have been there several time over the year with my trx450r and have had no issues.

The weather was warmer around 86degrees. Before its been colder.

Mods to my bike are stage 2 jet kit kit, no air box lid, k&n filter and 13tooth. Thats it no pipe.

I did not install the needle just fyi!
And i have not messed with the stock needle, or idle screw.
And have stock pipe too.

Please help...

Thanks.

tltcracing
08-21-2006, 06:52 PM
it 100% sound like you have a too rich a main. i would go down a couple of sizes. also check and see how dirty your air filter is.

450RgETiRdONE
08-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Okay thanks. I'll try that today!

I'm going see how it runs first in the city where its been a controlled climate and I know that it has ran perfect. Then I'll go from there.

What about the spark plug. Should I relace it? Since the motor had been runnning rich. It might be all fouled up!

450RgETiRdONE
08-24-2006, 11:35 PM
Lol the problem was that the main jet vibrated loose and was just lying in the float bowl nut dealy. So put it back up in there and put back together. And Im back up n' runing now.

cals400ex
08-25-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by 450RgETiRdONE
Lol the problem was that the main jet vibrated loose and was just lying in the float bowl nut dealy. So put it back up in there and put back together. And Im back up n' runing now.

that is a common problem too...

Pappy
08-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
that is a common problem too...

True True...

I have asked local riders who expressed similiar issues about the main coming loose and they look at me like i'm nuts:p