PDA

View Full Version : CR 125 motor question

motochris
08-26-2002, 03:53 PM
Sorry this isnt about a quad but i'm sure some of you 250r guy can help. Ok here my problem:

I'm loosing top end. It seems it doesnt want to over rev very good. The power valve is fine and the carb is ok to. Could it be the reeds??? I havent changed them. The throttle at idle when you open it up goes booooooorap boooooooooorap. It bogs for a second then revs. If i keep the rpms up the throttle is crisp.

As for the mid and top end, When i get to the end of the mid starting the top end it seems to nose over and not pull very well. In short i got beat by another CR125 and ummmmm well an Cr 80 !!! No Not good!!! I have beat them both before but not yesterday. I pull hard out of the hole but thats it. Well any help would be great. Thanks guys!!!!

bansheeguy77
08-26-2002, 04:17 PM
might be reeds....did ya check ur compression? very well could be ur top end going.

Bean
08-26-2002, 05:54 PM
the jet could be clogged up, or its the piston goin, change it before it goes BOOOOOOOOM

motochris
08-27-2002, 12:30 PM
Well the carb is fine i checked that. I was hoping no one would say piston and ring,dam. But it could be. The compression seems find and starts on the 2nd kick when cold. But i better check it anyway... I havent changed the piston or ring in 2 years and have never touched the reeds. "my bad". It still feels strong but no top end,and it really got my goat when i got passed by an 80!!! So i know theres something wrong. Thanks for the help guys and if you can think of any more ideas let me know. I'll let you know what the cylinder comp. is. Thanks..................

airheadedduner
08-27-2002, 01:35 PM
Could be that you need a piston or reeds. It could also be a too rich needle position. What does your plug look like?

330exracer122
08-27-2002, 06:40 PM
u need a topend rebuild with some reeds