PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Dinli 90 Race CDI - No Electric Start Problem

bronco2v8
08-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Hi,
I purchased a Takemori ELE-002-00-CD High Performance CDI Ignition JOG 50 from an online store. The dealer I got it from said that it would work with my JOG 90 motor, and it does. Except that it only works with the key in the OFF position, and the electric start won't work with the key off. The dealer said that there was a wiring diagram available to make the electric start work with the race cdi, but he never gave it to me. My son cannot kick start it on his own, so it is very necessary to have the electric start. Is there anyway someone can help me rewire this so the cdi works with the key ON?
Thanks

ssduane
08-24-2006, 12:29 PM
This CDI's are not a straight plug in and go, there should off been something to jumper, did you have to do that. I did mine about a year ago and can't exactly remember, but I can look into it.

qwadfather
08-28-2006, 08:04 PM
These are excerpts from another post. Just saved some typing time.
Part 1) Friendly advise for ya...Put your Dinli one back on. Everything works and it has no rev limiter. Also among the more reliable ones out there as well. I hope you didn't fall for someones "variable" or "improved spark curve" CDI units that are out there. These are bogus. The variable ones are good to tune down or "limit" which is what we usually want to get away from, lol! The ones that promise improved spark curves are bunk also. Without the aid of computer, advanced solid state elecronics, or old fashioned vacuum advance, you can only get a FIXED spark curve. The PVL ignition has gone a long way towards fixing the acceleration spark curve, but can do way more harm than good in the wrong hands. I have mixed feelings about those anyway, and have opted to spend that much extra jing ($350-$550) on less important stuff like food and shelter, lol! Anyway, I guess the PVL ignition is another thread just waiting to be started, eh Mark? And with that, I bid you all good day...Ride Safe, Ed and crew.
Part 2)
I suspect that you have another problem. What you are interpreting as a rev limit kicking in is probably a rich condition on top end. A new cdi won't help that, only a rejet. The sputtering caused by a rev limiter will generally be pretty rhythmic whereas a rich condition will be a random blubbering effect. The reason I tell ya this is that all the Dinli 2 stroke minis (not sure about the tiny little one they have) from 2003 and up came with the same cdi, so unless you have a bad one, you're probably looking at the wrong area. This link will get you to online Dinli parts manuals so you can verify by your model and cross-reference, if you like. At any rate, I'll be glad to help diagnose, just hard here because I can't type fer &%$#@, lol! Ride safe, Ed and crew.
Here's the link: http://www.dinlisales.com/parts/
Just cut and paste it to your browser search engine.
:D