PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas Motor Speedway - Nascar

Quad18star
08-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Anyone ever been to LVMS for their big Nascar event?? If so how was it .... do you enjoy the facility , good parking , food , etc?

My dad and I , along with my girlfriend and mom are thinking of planning a trip down to Vegas to catch the event in March 2007 .

I've been trying to put a package together for us ( flights, hotels , tickets, rental car) and have had a bit of success .

Has anyone ever purchased a package from a company that offers a Nascar Package ??

I'm trying to decide if it would be cheaper for us to buy a package that already includes the hotel along with tickets , or if I should purchase everything seperatly .

Seems any way we look at it , it's going to be a $6000 - $7000 vacation . :ermm:

RaptorRacer45
08-21-2006, 11:48 AM
Cant help ya much w\ the Packages but that place is gonna be totally different for Racing next year, so it will probably be alittle more packed than usual

honda350r
08-21-2006, 12:30 PM
I live about 100 miles from the LVMS.. I never go to Nascar and never will.. I do go to both NHRA events every year and stay in the suite..

The LVMS is state of the art facility.. I have friend that go and leave 75 to 50 laps before the end of the race so they do get suck in a 5-7 hr traffic jam in the parking lot !!

If you are into Nascar then Vegas would be fun for you !!

D Bergstrom
08-21-2006, 01:02 PM
I live in Vegas and have done the Nascar weekend about three times. If you go to the Busch race on Sat., I would say leave about two hours before the race starts from you hotel to get there, and plan on being in the parking lot waiting to leave for about a hour and a half waiting to get out. For Sun. race, I would say leave about three hours before to get out there, and plan on being in the parking lot about three hours after the race to get it out. Traffic pretty much sucks to get in and out of there on Nascar weekend. There is only two ways to get in, a four lane (two lanes each direction) interstate, and a regular one lane each direction road. If you leave as early as I told you, you should avoid a lot of traffic going there, you will just be at the track pretty early. What we used to do was bring a bar-b-que, then after the race we would cook out and eat dinner in the parking lot while waiting for traffic to calm down so we could leave. The track and facilities are very nice and I think you will enjoy it, just plan on being out ther the entire day both days. I stopped going for two reasons, one was the traffic, and number two I can see way more and know more about what is going on by wacthing the race on TV. If you have never been though, I would say by all means, go and enjoy yourself. I do not think you will be disappointed.

I think the speedway seats over 100,000 people, and I do not think that includes the people in the infield or RV spots. I know when the Nascar race is going on, they say that the speedway is the 5th biggest city in Nevada (population wise.) so let that be your guide as to how many people go to this race.

Doug

Wired
08-21-2006, 02:16 PM
We'll be there performing a quad demo at the Nascar truck series at the end of september :)

we have 3 shows booked there for various events through out the year

Guy400
08-21-2006, 05:39 PM
If you're going strictly for NASCAR than I'd pick a different venue. There's no way I'd sit in 100°+ temps on a sunny, Sunday, Las Vegas afternoon. This year's event started at 2:00PM track time which is hot as balls. If you're going for NASCAR as well as gambling than Vegas is the place.

If you are going for the entire NASCAR experience than go to Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte. A majority of the race teams are headquartered there and you can visit all of them. Damn near everything in the area is NASCAR themed (if you like BBQ than you've got to go to Lancaster's in Mooresville, NC). The best part about the races at LMS is they're night races so you can enjoy the race without getting burnt to a crisp. I went to the Chase race last year, the All-Star and Coca-Cola 600 this year and will probably go to the Chase race this fall as well. My brother's a CPA and one of his clients gave him 2 suite tickets and that's the deal there. All you can eat and drink, they provide race scanners and there is closed circuit TV coverage as well. We were in the Children's Charities suite which was right next to Budweiser's and guess who showed up:D

MOFO
08-21-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
If you're going strictly for NASCAR than I'd pick a different venue. There's no way I'd sit in 100°+ temps on a sunny, Sunday, Las Vegas afternoon. This year's event started at 2:00PM track time which is hot as balls. If you're going for NASCAR as well as gambling than Vegas is the place.

If you are going for the entire NASCAR experience than go to Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte. A majority of the race teams are headquartered there and you can visit all of them. Damn near everything in the area is NASCAR themed (if you like BBQ than you've got to go to Lancaster's in Mooresville, NC). The best part about the races at LMS is they're night races so you can enjoy the race without getting burnt to a crisp. I went to the Chase race last year, the All-Star and Coca-Cola 600 this year and will probably go to the Chase race this fall as well. My brother's a CPA and one of his clients gave him 2 suite tickets and that's the deal there. All you can eat and drink, they provide race scanners and there is closed circuit TV coverage as well. We were in the Children's Charities suite which was right next to Budweiser's and guess who showed up:D

I've been to Lowes Motor Speedway twice and I agree with Guy... its a great track with plenty to do outside of raceday that is Nascar related. Friends of mine have season tickets at this track.

D Bergstrom
08-21-2006, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
There's no way I'd sit in 100°+ temps on a sunny, Sunday, Las Vegas afternoon. This year's event started at 2:00PM track time which is hot as balls.

Hmmmm, the race is usually the first weekend of March, our high's are in the 70's that time of year. The first race I went to was rained out, and there was snow flakes falling from time to time. March is actually one of the nicer month's in Vegas. (Still bring some sun block though, it is nice and sunny.) That and I think the race starts a 11:30 and 12:30.
Doug

Quad18star
08-21-2006, 07:47 PM
It would be more than just a trip for the race .... my dad has always wanted to go to Vegas to experience it .... everything Vegas has to offer.

We've also been thinking of maybe going to Michigan for their big race since it's quite a bit closer .

If the Vegas trip doesn't include the Nascar race , it'll diff. include an NHRA event . :devil:

wilkin250r
08-21-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Wired
We'll be there performing a quad demo at the Nascar truck series at the end of september :)

we have 3 shows booked there for various events through out the year

Gimme the details on these shows. I'm in Vegas all the time...

440racer66
08-21-2006, 09:30 PM
pshhht i live in nc charlotte is a kool trak but i like bristol even better

Quad18star
09-19-2006, 07:23 AM
Well we're deffinately going to Vegas in March . We'll be booking our hotel package in the near future .

We're wondering if it would be worth getting the 3 event package ( pole qualifying , Busch race and Nextel race ) or if just the Nextel race would be enough .

We'd be down in Vegas for 4 days , so we need other things to do . Has anyone ever taken the Hoover Dam tour or the Tour of the Grand Canyon?? Was it worth the money ?? What kind of package did you go with?

Also , there's a ton of shows happening in Las Vegas every day . What are some of the shows that you guys have been to , that have been impressing ??

I know we won't be bored in Las Vegas , but we'd like to book things in advance so that we have a bit of a schedule to follow and things to see.

trick250r
09-19-2006, 07:45 AM
see we go to martinsville in the spring. we just got the tickets for this april but for the truck race and qualifiying, we just pay for em at the track. if you have any way of doing so, i would suggest you camp at the track. every year while were watching the huge line leaving, were sitting back and eating a steak :cool:

Quad18star
09-19-2006, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by trick250r
see we go to martinsville in the spring. we just got the tickets for this april but for the truck race and qualifiying, we just pay for em at the track. if you have any way of doing so, i would suggest you camp at the track. every year while were watching the huge line leaving, were sitting back and eating a steak :cool:

No camping out ... this is going to be a vacation ... If I wanted to camp out I'd pack my stuff and drive 2 hours north of where I live instead of flying thousands of miles . LOL

The Nascar package we're going to book includes a round trip bus to and from the track and they apparently have a pass to run through one of the military bases in the area which is supposed to save time . They said last year it took an hour in and an hour out for the race . Plus it has free beer, pop, water and snacks on the bus ... all unlimited . :devil:

It's a lot to figure out though .. we have to decide on a package , which hotel we're going to stay at , then find flights , book other tours , etc .

D Bergstrom
09-19-2006, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Well we're deffinately going to Vegas in March . We'll be booking our hotel package in the near future .

We're wondering if it would be worth getting the 3 event package ( pole qualifying , Busch race and Nextel race ) or if just the Nextel race would be enough .

We'd be down in Vegas for 4 days , so we need other things to do . Has anyone ever taken the Hoover Dam tour or the Tour of the Grand Canyon?? Was it worth the money ?? What kind of package did you go with?

Also , there's a ton of shows happening in Las Vegas every day . What are some of the shows that you guys have been to , that have been impressing ??

I know we won't be bored in Las Vegas , but we'd like to book things in advance so that we have a bit of a schedule to follow and things to see.

What races you go to is up to you. How much of Vegas do you want to see? If you only have 4 days in Vegas, I would only go to the Nextel cup race. Both the Nextel cup and Busch races are all day events. So that only leaves you two extra days. If you go to qualifiying, that is another part of another day.

The Hoover Dam is pretty impresive if you have not seen it, it is worth a visit. Have not really been to any of the shows, so I can not really comment on them. As a resident, I avoid the strip like the plague. I have seen it way to many times and I have no desire to see it anymore. Way to many people down there.

Doug

wilkin250r
09-19-2006, 11:23 AM
I would definitely recommend a Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam tour. It's just one of those things that you should see with your own eyes.

Personally, I would suggest the shortest tour you can find. The sights are impressive, certainly, but not for ten hours. I can't imagine that you are looking to take a backpacking hike down to the bottom of the canyon and back out.

I've never taken an official "tour", but that's because I was always with locals and they showed me around (my father grew up in Vegas). As such, I can't tell you which ones are "good". But, because you don't really know any locals, I'd suggest a guided tour. Like I said, it's definitely something worth seeing with your own two eyes. Sure, you've seen pictures, but all the pictures in the world don't do it justice when you're standing there in person.

On your way down, come cruising through Reno, I'll treat you to dinner.