PDA

View Full Version : VA title?

cannondale96
08-21-2006, 01:24 AM
Hello all Im new to Va and looking at buying a used quad. The owner has no title for it. I know it isnt stolen or have a lien on it due to a NCIC check, but what trouble would i have to go through to get a new title so i can reg it. All this is new to me I have never had to reg a quad before so all info will help. Thank You all in advance.

P.S. sry if this is in the wrong section.
Ken

firefighterjosh
08-21-2006, 01:34 AM
I am not sure if it is the same as Indiana, but When I bought a quad without a title I just typed out a bill of sale and that was good enough for the state of Indiana

swva400ex
08-22-2006, 02:13 PM
i think that should do it here to.

Family Guy
08-22-2006, 04:16 PM
Va did not start titling atv's untill this year and only on brand new atv's. So used atv's have no title.

cannondale96
08-22-2006, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the input. I live in Va but would be doing the riding in Pa, and Pa sounds like a pain in the arse to ride there with all the requirments. I have read what u need and what u need to do to ride there, but i cant really find anything on Va rules. Can a Va registered atv ride in Pa under Pa's guide lines. If any1 knows a link to Va's requirments can u post them up please. I just want to ride without being bothered. Sorry if im rambling on here and hope I didnt make any1 lose brain cells tring to figure out what im getting at.
Thanks again for all the help in advance,
Ken