PDA

View Full Version : need help jumping

tye101
08-21-2006, 01:00 AM
hey guys, i need help with my jumping,,, the quad i ride is down below in my sig... I can get a lil air * max so far has been about 7 ft air,, 25 foot jump* My problem is,, i read the other threads about using the brakes and the gas to adjust your self,,,, but it seems to me,, when i am in the air,, i am just along for the ride,,, can any one give me some pointers on how to feel more in control?

firefighterjosh
08-21-2006, 01:33 AM
When you hit the gas it brings the front end up.
When you hit the Rear Brake if brings the front end down.

I feel the same way you do. I try this stuff and it doesn work even with the little air I get.

Just go over a little jump and hit the rear brake and you can feel the front it go down.

MX MaNiAc 06
08-21-2006, 09:26 AM
If u are really 6' 10" this shouldnt be a problem..

U need to have control of the quad in the air. If u go off a jump crooked u need to be able to straighten it out. If u go nose high u should be able to push the front end down without using brakes.

Ruby Soho
08-21-2006, 09:38 AM
well, id probably try smaller jumps. or ones that your comfortable on, and just get used to the quad in the air

xxbansheekidxx
08-25-2006, 12:35 PM
Buy a banshee you shouldnt have a problem jumping then

rlplive
08-25-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by xxbansheekidxx
How would a banshee solve his problem?

CannondaleRider
08-26-2006, 10:08 PM
Are you saying you are along for the ride, in the terms of...your freezing up, and can't control the bike, or you try, and nothing happens?

If your freezing up, and can't control your movements, then try what I did.

I used to have a big problem with freezing up in the air. What I started doing was turning the wheels in the air, whether its needed for correction or not. I did that a few times, and out of absolutely nowhere, I had full control over the bike. It wasn't a gradual thing, it just clicked. No more frozen thoughts and body. I suddenly could think about what needed to be corrected, and make the movements needed. Clutch, brakes, panic rev, straightening out....maybe it will just "click" for you.

If its that you try to control the bike, but can't, then you'll just have to keep practicing.

tye101
08-26-2006, 11:52 PM
thanks ,, i will try that,,, i just freeze up,,, and hang on

400EXTRA
09-25-2006, 01:35 PM
just hit it who cares if you crash

krt400ex
09-25-2006, 05:54 PM
if u go off the jump and the quad is tilted, stomp on the high side and that will level u out. rev the engine to kepp the front end high, pull in the clutch and tap the rear brake to bring the front end down.

i have found that if u pop the throttle just as ur coming off the face off the jump the quad usually stays more staedy in the air :huh :confused: . don't no why. obviously when it is more stable in the air, u will have more control over the bike.

Rancher2005
10-05-2006, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by xxbansheekidxx

because it won't start :blah:

400eXr1d3rZ
10-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Rancher2005
because it won't start :blah:

Yes it would, just right before the lip of the jump it would blow up.

Nausty
10-07-2006, 02:40 AM
just take ur time, practice makes perfect. One day I was bored and just spent a whole day trying to tweak the quad on a small jump seeing what worked and what didn't. Thats what I suggest. Start small and take it farther and farther w/ everything. if ur worried bout crashin.

Work on everything from how throttle control effects the quad from the take off and run up, preloading differant ways, cranking the bars to the stopper and then get it one last crank when it hits to swing the rear end out, tilt it side ways and rev it to straighten it out, gas, brake in the ect. You'll figure it out and when you start jumpin big it'll save your *** cuz you know how to react naturally when things start goin wrong!