PDA

View Full Version : *DEATH* at WINCHESTER BAY...???

z400roosteR
08-20-2006, 10:56 PM
I was there this weekend and they had a cross and little memorial set up to the left of Banshee hill by the trees...I Cross with the date 7/7/06 and a Youth helmet on top of flowers and a flag next to it....Wondering if anyone knows the story if they kid died at the dunes/hill or just loved to ride so they threw up the memorial there... Any help finding the story would be good, Thanks...

(and no i don't remember the name on it)

z400roosteR
08-21-2006, 12:29 AM
*bump*

WQ_250
08-21-2006, 10:30 AM
This happened acouple of months ago. If i can remember the story right the kid was either going up the hill. It was off to the left like you said, so there wasn't a good path. He got in some really soft sand and i believe the quad flipped over on him, against a tree. If i find the article from another site, i will post it here.

08-21-2006, 06:05 PM
i googled it and i couldnt find anything...but im also very interested in this now....why do people have to keep dying while they are just tryingot have fun?....but i gues sif i had to go, ide rather go soaring a big tripple on my 440...:o

Jekyl_22
08-21-2006, 08:10 PM
I was camping just over the hill when it happened actually and saw the ambulance and police workin on it all.... but to be honest I'm not completely sure what happened. It sounded like he wheelied over backwards and the quad landed on his face/head. Perhaps not wearing a helmet (most likely)? Sorry I don't have any better info...

gotlift
08-21-2006, 11:10 PM
He didn't have a helmet. The guy was from Roy, WA. First name was Justin he was 24 yrs old. Went riding on his own. Took his group two hours to find him.