PDA

View Full Version : Guys with Fasst and Powermadd Help!!

400exrider0004
08-20-2006, 10:06 PM
Well as of now I have the Fasst handlebars and the Powermadd star series hangaurds. I went to install the pro design kill switch and theres NO room for the kill switch to mount. So thinking in priorities I took of the hand gaurds and installed the switch because I need the kill switch for races. Anyways, what do you guys do about this, where did you mount your kill switch?? also i have my key and lights zip-tied in position, I need help on deciding how to mount the key and lights permanently!!

Thanks, Josh

bbrad mulvey
08-20-2006, 11:57 PM
well I have a pro armor kill switch on mine. But I have the standard powermadds. I have the bulky headlight control gone though. As far as the key you could relocate it to the left side plastic, on the little piece that is opposite of where the radiator cap is at. there is a little area there that is kinda hidden there that I just took a drill and drilled though and the the key worked perfect. as far as the lights I never figured out anything for that. I tryed clamping them around the frame some where once. and it worked until I removed my light totally. Well that is just food for thought;)

Colby@C&DRacing
08-21-2006, 08:08 AM
If you run out of room for the prodesign you can run the proarmor it will fit on the 1 1/8" part of the flexbars

400exrider0004
08-21-2006, 03:59 PM
does the proarmor hook up the same way as the pro design???

x.system
08-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Are the mounts different than the regular powermads? I got everything to fit on mine with a little room to spare.

http://i7.tinypic.com/2585buw.jpg

Adams747
08-21-2006, 04:19 PM
I have the same setup as do many XC racers. We have been mounting the pro design switch on one of the aluminum cross bars on the hamdlebars and notching out the cross bar pad.

I took the stiffest pad (red) from the fast flexx and did a straight cut half way through the pad. Put that on the flat cross bar and mount the switch over the pad.

Still have the light and switch zip tied.

400exrider0004
08-21-2006, 04:43 PM
so you took the red pad and put it on one of the two straight bars and notched out the cushion in the middle so it would fit? Also how did you get the round pad to fit on the flat crossbar, or is that were slitting it comes into play?? Thanks and good idea!

xsystem...I think you took out one of the switches or something for it to fit, or thats wat it looks like in the picture.

Thanks

x.system
08-21-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider0004
so you took the red pad and put it on one of the two straight bars and notched out the cushion in the middle so it would fit? Also how did you get the round pad to fit on the flat crossbar, or is that were slitting it comes into play?? Thanks and good idea!

xsystem...I think you took out one of the switches or something for it to fit, or thats wat it looks like in the picture.

Thanks

Correct on the switch, I havn't ran a headlight switch or headlights since the trike days. If you need your switch then you will probably be very limited with space.

Another option is the clamp that has a spot made for the teather.

I would like to see a pic of that other option as well where it mounts to the pad bar.

400exrider0004
08-21-2006, 05:01 PM
wat clamp are u talking about??

x.system
08-21-2006, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider0004
wat clamp are u talking about??

I saw a clamp somewhere, can't find it now that has a small tab where you can mount the teather. If I remember correctly it was the top clamp.

400exrider0004
08-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Heres the link to what I did.....http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=249947

THanks for the help and the advice...