PDA

View Full Version : got a question (tech at nationals)

brokeazz250r
08-20-2006, 08:52 PM
hey will they let you push your quad threw the tech bar at nationals? i have walsh a-arms and 4:1 offset rims. walsh sed it would work but if im off the quad and pick the front end up im gona make it buy the skin of my teeth. and with me sitting on it i know it wont make it. but it probly will if i push it threw. thanks

honduh440
08-20-2006, 09:05 PM
just take some stock tires with u and change em when u go threw

Moto49X
08-20-2006, 09:09 PM
some will let you but usually you have to ride it through. Just screw with your ride height, and put alot of PSI in your tires for tech, then change it before the race...

brokeazz250r
08-20-2006, 09:14 PM
dam i wish my a-arms whernt so wide. i hate to mess with the ride hight cause it's set up perfect right now.

and my 4:1's are more narrow then my stock rims.

Elka83
08-20-2006, 10:53 PM
i dont know why walsh would sell a arms that are tooo wide for the atva regulations. i see a ton of people go through tech at nationals with walsh front ends and there fine.. dude its 50inches maxx. your shocks must be too small and its sittin real flat and low.. what does the front end width measure out to when your sitting on it? do you have elkas?

Moto49X
08-21-2006, 10:13 AM
yea man, post a pic of your front end. There are tons of guys that run walsh. Either you have the wrong length shock .... or, your ride height is extrmeley messed up...

jrspawn
08-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Hey, unless you have the wrong arms, they will def go through with 4.1 wheels. But, if you for some reason have +4 arms which are made for the narrow frames and a stock width frame, shes not gonna work. I run Walsh quads and arms and have had many other race quads similiar and all pass, it is close but so are just about every other quad. its always good to have a little higher PSI when going through, i hvae been in line before i relize my front tires had went slighty slack, but all i did was put my feet on the front tires hold down on them and pull the bars back, this will raise your ride height up a little(pull the sag out of the shocks) and narrow the front very little, but it helped. I would say make sure you have the right arms for your setup though, something doesnt sound right.

Thank you
Justin

Ralph
08-21-2006, 11:01 AM
at the wpsa's they made ya ride through twice, once at tech inspection and once befpre you pick your gate. you could have someone lift up on your bumper taking the slack out while your on it and then you just need to pull back on the handlebars hard and lean back to keep ur body weight from compressing them again as your going through.

also, why dont you just measure your width, if its 50 inches or less then your set.

jrspawn
08-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Also check your front end adjustments, caster, camber, toe in and out. How many threads do you have showing on the walsh arms where the mount to the frame?

Thank you
Justin

Ralph
08-21-2006, 11:15 AM
you do have aftermarket shocks right?

Moto49X
08-21-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
at the wpsa's they made ya ride through twice, once at tech inspection and once befpre you pick your gate. you could have someone lift up on your bumper taking the slack out while your on it and then you just need to pull back on the handlebars hard and lean back to keep ur body weight from compressing them again as your going through.

also, why dont you just measure your width, if its 50 inches or less then your set.

yea, they dont really pay attention before you pick your gate. At Taylorville and Rossville my front end rolled over the bars, they didnt say anything...

brokeazz250r
08-21-2006, 02:37 PM
thanks for all the replies guys. yeah walsh seemed liek it would fit np. i have pep shocks and they seem to be set up fine i even though about lowering the front. i will go snap a pic or 2 in a minet

brokeazz250r
08-21-2006, 03:26 PM
well i took some pic's maby it will make it, but it is still gona be by the skin of my teeth, you cant tell much from sitting flat then from when i pulled up on the front end because of how the pep's sag, still dosnt clear the side wall of my tires but ill just run a chit load of psi and have someone jack my front up and hope for the best. tell me what you guys thing.

quad sitting reg.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/superdave/everything061.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/superdave/everything059.jpg

quad with the front jacked up
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/superdave/everything060.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/superdave/everything062.jpg

Moto49X
08-21-2006, 03:59 PM
you should fit man. Thats how wide most front ends are. Just put alot of PSI in your tires for tech, and spray them with wd40 so they slide through the bars. I wouldnt worry about it if i was you. It all looks to be adjusted correctly...

Very nice quad BTW....

brokeazz250r
08-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Moto49X
you should fit man. Thats how wide most front ends are. Just put alot of PSI in your tires for tech, and spray them with wd40 so they slide through the bars. I wouldnt worry about it if i was you. It all looks to be adjusted correctly...

Very nice quad BTW....

alright cool man, i know everythings adjusted right and waslh sed it would work so im not gona worrie. ill use the wd-40 idea haha. and thanks for the compliment man.

Moto49X
08-21-2006, 06:08 PM
oh ya, if you need to, some people actually have their mechanic sit on the back end, so your front end is raised higher. I dont know if your supposed to do this but i have seen people doing it..