PDA

View Full Version : Mentos and Diet Coke

bigbadbrad
08-20-2006, 08:13 PM
SO yeah we got really bored at my house today, an dsomehow we in the midst of conversation we started talking about what happens if you put mentos in diet coke. We had some people over, and they all thought that if you eat mentos and diet coke something bad will happen to you. SO somehowin this converstaion I bet everyone else in the house that I could eat a pack of mentos, and drink diet coke and that I would be all set. Well everyone thought taht I could not do, or that i would throw up, or even explode. SO myh room mate when to the store and bought a 2 liter bottle of diet coke and a couple of packs of mentos. Well I ended up eating a pck of mentos, anddrink a 2 liter of Diet coke. And you know what happened ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL. Well nothing excpet for some really lareg burps and having to urinate frequently for the next couple of hours. SO morall of the story, you can eat mentos and drink diet coke and not be worried about, and that if you don't keep us entetained, we might try some really not smart things. I think that we should send this story to mythbusters or something, oh yeah and we got some pictures also, but they are on my room amtes camera.

Ralph
08-20-2006, 08:31 PM
the guy from mythbusters did it and it shot out of his nose, i think you should drink a bunch of diet coke first, then try to swallow some mentos chewing as little as possible and you should get a reaction.

bigbadbrad
08-20-2006, 08:38 PM
i think if i would have done it in my mouth that it would have fizzed up, but i chewed them up like 3 at a time, i was going to try swallowing them whole, but i probally would have chocked, yeah now that you saw it i am pretty sure i saw a comerical about them trying to get it shoot up the highest but i was not sure if they tried eating them. Also my room mate had bought the mint mentos, instead of the regular ones. Also before we took a small glass and put some coke in it and put some mentos in it an dit fizzed up only for like a couple of seconds, and the middle of the mentos was still there so it is only something in the coating that reacts with the coke.

catfishing
08-20-2006, 09:10 PM
How old are you? You got to be kidding me. Why would you try something like that? Even though nothing happend. MY opinion is that your not to smart. LOL got to get me some friends like that also.

shftmx300ex
08-20-2006, 09:16 PM
i have done it, but not swallowed...you open it drink a little put the whole thing in at once and woosh..it all goes up.mine got like 15 feet it was sick

SGA
08-20-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by shftmx300ex
i have done it, but not swallowed...

Oh really now..:scary:

:D :D

LTZ400rider
08-20-2006, 11:05 PM
u can use regular coke, diet is just so the mess isnt sticky, no sugar

shftmx300ex
08-21-2006, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by SGA
Oh really now..:scary:

:D :D

f you, haha

Ralph
08-21-2006, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by LTZ400rider
u can use regular coke, diet is just so the mess isnt sticky, no sugar

no, the sugar slows down the reaction.

bigbadbrad
08-21-2006, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by catfishing
How old are you? You got to be kidding me. Why would you try something like that? Even though nothing happend. MY opinion is that your not to smart. LOL got to get me some friends like that also.

Well lets just say I am old enough to know better, and young enough not to give a *****, in other words 19. I knew nothing would happen, that is why i did a control experiment with the glass, I was that it was only the coating that reacted, and i knew that if i chewed them up, that by the time i drank the coke my stomach acid would have all ready neutilized what ever was on the coating of the mentos. You know you only live once, so why not live a little, and by the way you probally should not be going around on the net telling people that they are not smart, esp if you dont know them. As a matter of fact I am pretty smart, on the deans list in college, high honors in high school, won a couple of gold medals in SKillsUSA, got a good job. Oh yeah and it was not my friends idea, I am came up with the idea, but no one else wanted to do so it was my idea, so i maned up and sayed i would do it.