PDA

View Full Version : wpsa

MCINTIRE_RACING
08-20-2006, 05:49 PM
i seen wimmer won yesterday and took gust by 2 points, does anyone know who won the race in NJ today??

honduh440
08-20-2006, 06:12 PM
Sunday

1. Doug Gust (2006 Powersports ATV Tour Champion)
2. Dustin Wimmer
3. Harold Goodman

yellowzo3
08-20-2006, 06:30 PM
the racing was awesome and im glad i went! it seemed to me that everyone had a great time and all the riders did good also. i hope they have it again next year...i'll definatly try to be there again. who else was there today, riding or spectating?

JForestZ34
08-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Was it on TV. On Sat I was working down in that area and I drove by but couldn't stop by would have loved too thou.

James

JRP
08-20-2006, 08:11 PM
i belive not untill next weekend that it will be aired on TV.

cdalepilot
08-20-2006, 08:38 PM
its nice to see gust and the LTR the new champion!:cool:

johnsls
08-21-2006, 06:31 AM
I was there on Sat, but really disappointed cuz they didn't finish all the races and I didnt get to see the freestylers and all. All in all I had a great time though,, my first time at the races...

A lot of fun I'm hoping they are going to be able to let you practice there soon. Cool track..

08-21-2006, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by johnsls
I was there on Sat, but really disappointed cuz they didn't finish all the races and I didnt get to see the freestylers and all. All in all I had a great time though,, my first time at the races...

A lot of fun I'm hoping they are going to be able to let you practice there soon. Cool track..

Yea that track is fun, they changed it a lot though. But yea that sucks they didnt do the freestyle, but it was raining

johnsls
08-21-2006, 06:41 AM
I don't think they stopped everything because of the rain,, more like it started getting dark.

A lot of time was taken up between races setting up the cameras for the pro's and the 4x4's,, the Rhino's were great too,,

Can't wait for Wildwood in October.

mole97
08-21-2006, 06:57 AM
was there and was definately awesome!!! That such a great track that it really sucks they dont let you ride it anymore...you do ,but only like 4 total days all year:mad: hopefully this event will open some eyes over there and they'll realize it would be worth it to offer more riding time for us quads.great day though yesterday and great event..btw anyone gottan update on the girl that got hurt?

johnsls
08-21-2006, 07:03 AM
Wasn't there yesterday,, what happened to the girl?

mxdad
08-21-2006, 12:53 PM
I was wondering about that girl as well. I was in the west bleachers and she hit the finish line jump and all I saw was the front end going down and by the time I got to the bottom of the bleachers she was already wrecked. Anyone know who she was or if she is ok?

On another note. We were there and the races were awesome!!! The Rhinos were great and Dana Creech was the man. He was doing doughtnuts in the middle of the track. Also the quad terrain challenge is just sick!!! As for the pro's, Gust is the freakin man!!! He came from behind in the heat race and the final to pass Wimmer to take that championship. Definitely got our $$$ worth.

yellowzo3
08-21-2006, 01:30 PM
yeah it was ridiculous when the announcer was like "you guys are so lucky to have a facility like this close to home" or whatever....yeah too bad they never OPENED it to ride on. i didnt get to see freestyle either...only a few jumps and then they stopped for some reason. still was awesome seeing all the pros ride and checking out all the awesome quads.

STEVENJANNA
08-21-2006, 02:38 PM
I don't know the girl who wrecked but, I heard from a WPSA official she had a broken arm and we did see her at the track later in the day. They couldn't do the freestyle because of the delay from Sat. it was interfering with the "show" out on the track. I thought I heard that this event had the highest turnout of the year, does anyone know if that is true? There were so many entries that they had to finish about 10 heat races on Sun. morning ( I was one of them). This has been said before but I have never felt more welcomed at an event and I will say that the WPSA has definately got it right.

John I've got your cooler:cool:

mole97
08-21-2006, 03:24 PM
thanx for the info,but I just remembered,(I know, I ask a lot of questions). what happend to Joe Byrd? Didn't see him there....

STEVENJANNA
08-21-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by mole97
thanx for the info,but I just remembered,(I know, I ask a lot of questions). what happend to Joe Byrd? Didn't see him there....
He didn't run the WPSA this year.

08-21-2006, 06:45 PM
:eek2: :eek2: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/Mr727/etown034.jpg :eek2: :eek2:

mxdad
08-22-2006, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
:eek2: :eek2: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/Mr727/etown034.jpg :eek2: :eek2:

Did you see that thing plant into the face of the canyon jump?

johnsls
08-22-2006, 12:28 PM
^^^^^^^^^^ the rhinos were cool ^^^^^^^^^^^

Steve - I'll get my cooler when I come over to ride;)