PDA

View Full Version : Frame gusset and powdercoat

dead eye 00
08-20-2006, 04:33 PM
I need a price on gusseting and powdercoating my 04 450r frame only, no subframe. It is already powder coated and has a crack under the right footpeg and on the top framerail beside the factory weld. Also just want a solid color. Thanks, Matthew

Pappy
08-20-2006, 05:32 PM
$350 and that includes return shipping

dead eye 00
08-20-2006, 08:43 PM
I will be sending it your way in about a week. Thanks

dead eye 00
08-21-2006, 07:48 PM
Before I send it to me can you tell me how you plan on fixing the crack above the upper motor mount. I'm sure you have done several of them and just want to know how they are holding up after you fix it. I'm not questioning your work I just want to make sure it's not gonna happen again anytime soon. Thanks, Matthew

Pappy
08-21-2006, 08:06 PM
Usually I tig weld the crack and clam shell it. Other then cutting the frame tube away and installing a piece of chromoly inside the tube, thats about the best we have come up with. I usually do not have to install the chromoly tube inside the frame simply because if its that bad of a break (usually several of them) a new frame is called for in the name of safety etc.

If for some reason I think a repair will not hold, I will contact the person immediatley and discuss options etc. I wouldnt want to pay for a repair myself that I didnt think would hold so I dont expect anyone else to either.

dead eye 00
08-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the reply. I should have it torn down this week.