PDA

View Full Version : jetting

lee37vernon
08-20-2006, 03:17 PM
looking for a baseline to start my jetting at , this is a new build so not 100% what range to start at .

spec is 265cc mx port , 86 piston with spacer plate . cr250 radvalve with spacer , head milled for 0.035 squish and to run 97 octane fuel ,no head gasket , running o- rings , not yet done a compression check but this was done by gt thunder engineering to run that fuel with that squish band. sparks mx pipe and silencer . airbox lid off , uni filter with outerwears . pwk 38 airstriker carb .

approx sea level ,temp range 15 - 25 degrees C around here .

at present i have only a couple pilots , think 48 and 52 to try , and 158 , 162 , 170 main jet , i also have a dgh , cel and dej as well as two other needles from some rm 250 and something else . the slide i believe is a number 7 , maybe a 6 i'd need to check .

anyone have a clue where to start ?

zedicus00
08-20-2006, 03:40 PM
i would start with the DGH on middle or richer, the 52 pilot an 170 main. though as close to sea level as your are that may be to lean yet.

that carb show up an work out o.k.?

(remember things like humidity, and porting play huge factors too, i always try to start as rich as it will run an work down from there.)

lee37vernon
08-20-2006, 04:05 PM
not as of yet , i expect be about thursday .get your bit ??
got good selection of needles for like $15 new off e bay today , just the main jets thats dear , there like $11 each here new ..
kinda hoping that jettings not far off , searching round i think its ball park ..