PDA

View Full Version : Kymco 90 wins ATVA 90 jr Championship

bowtiedmax
08-20-2006, 06:32 AM
Well I have to admit that I am happy the season is over. Very long season. 14 races from east to west coast is just to much (greedy ATVA)
We had secured first place by 2 points after round #12 Unadilla but went to Lorettas just because I wasnt sure. (better safe than sorry). But the points were confirmed there.
Jesse had a good win Saturday and after being third in the holeshot Sunday he moved up to first after the 1st lap. Then he lead with a very comfortable lead untill just going into the last lap, he lost a front lower bolt for the shock. So the shock wedged down in the a-arm thus causing him the loose it in a turn and flip. But I feel pretty comforable what the outcome would of been for the weekend. But hey thats racing. The number one most important thing to win a race is you have to finish!!
But for the machines part this year! We had no DNFs. The only problems were mechanic related:
** We had a ball joint come out at Red Bud (I forgot to clip it) still finished 3rd for the moto.
** The Jetting was way to rich at Muddy Creek and it would load up after every jump.
** And of course the shock bolt at Lorettas.
We never had any issues with the motor, trans or frame letting us down in the last two years of the nationals.
We are going to focus on fine tuning the engine and then work on a couple of issues that are just a pain. ( Kick starter) We will have that worked out by early winter.
As of right now, we still need to get someone to build a exhaust. I have talked to Curtis Sparks and he said he will be interested. But other than that, dual a-arm kits and swingarms will be avalible by November. There are currently engine kits avalible from Fisher Cycle and Powroll.
I think with the Colbra getting its own class next year (??) The Mongoose 90 is going to be tough to beat!!
Any questions email me at skvarekracing@yahoo.com

Paul:)

badvox
08-21-2006, 07:47 AM
Hey I was going to post a congrats but I wasnt sure if it was clicnched and didnt want to jynx it.

Congrats to Jesse!! This is a huge win for him and Kymco.

Hopefully, they see fit to try and do something with it.

Mike

ROBBSRACING
08-23-2006, 08:41 PM
You guys are just lucky we couldn't make it to a few more of them. LOL. JK. Great job Jesse ! and Dad too. You guys are great competitors and awesome peeps ! Congradulations !

camsdad
08-28-2006, 08:18 PM
congrats paul and jesse....