PDA

View Full Version : fuel

brandonhtrx450r
08-19-2006, 09:51 PM
i have a 05 450r and i was wondering if i can run the vp u2 fuel with the je 13.5?or what is the best fuel to run?

GPracer2500
08-20-2006, 11:23 AM
You could use U2, but for a recreational engine I'm not sure if the cost and hassle are worth it. It's expensive and it's oxygenated. Oxy fuels require a some extra attention that a standard non-oxy racing fuel does not. They don't store well (tend to go bad real fast if it's not kept in a sealed metal container) and it's best to purge it from your quad after use because of it's slightly corrosive properties. I've not used it personally so I couldn't attest to how corrosive it really is. Also, it's intended for 2 stroke applications, although I believe it works just fine in 4 strokes [shrug].

A high octane racing fuel is a good idea with your piston (and could easily be absolutely necessary) but I'd probably use a non-oxy fuel unless your looking for that last 1 or 2 extra HP.

brandonhtrx450r
08-20-2006, 11:28 AM
im using 110 vp now but i was wanting to try to u2 fuel beacause i was told that i would actually feel the difference. i wouldnt run the fuel all the time just sometimes.

GPracer2500
08-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Oxy fuels DO produce slightly more power. Understand that your jetting will change a little when using U2--it's specific gravity is lower than VP110.