PDA

View Full Version : roost deflectors

300exrider25
08-19-2006, 07:47 PM
i know this is kinda off topic but what is the purpose of a roost deflector? what is it gonna protect you from?

02440exkid
08-19-2006, 07:52 PM
injuring your chest and sholders :rolleyes:

Sjorge450R
08-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by 02440exkid
injuring your chest and sholders :rolleyes:

not really. I "roost" protecter is there for just that. To protect yourself from roost thrown from other riders. really they arent desisgned for protecting injury to your chest or shoulders, but they still work for that.

08-19-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by 300exrider25
i know this is kinda off topic but what is the purpose of a roost deflector? what is it gonna protect you from? roost. I guess you never got roosted before...it hurts:(

300exrider25
08-20-2006, 08:34 AM
no ive been roosted before the reason i put this on here is because my mom thinks it will protect me from breaking a rib and it punchering and organ or something like that and i personally dont think it is designed to prevent that or breaking anything. I need more opinions though so she can see what other people besides me has to say. thanks

SwainRacing
08-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Yes it will help some and I do recomend one! I bruised my ribs from getting jammed in to the bars. I ware it all the time now, and has saved me from bruising them again a few times.

bwamos
08-21-2006, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by 300exrider25
no ive been roosted before the reason i put this on here is because my mom thinks it will protect me from breaking a rib and it punchering and organ or something like that and i personally dont think it is designed to prevent that or breaking anything. I need more opinions though so she can see what other people besides me has to say. thanks

They aren't designed specificaly for that.. but if you're using the injection molded plastic style.. it's a lot more resistant than skin. ;) Every little bit will help. I won't ride without one. (Especially since 2 friends have Banshees.. 70mph rocks the the chest hurt! lol)