PDA

View Full Version : HMF Ironman Series Pipe

jayman
08-19-2006, 01:48 PM
Is anyone currently run this (full pipe) and if so how do you like it. I am thinking about picking one up on Monday. I originally was going after the DASA but they are weeks behind. I guess I am just inpatient but I believe the HMF is almost as good and even better than the yosh.

QuadManKev
08-20-2006, 02:38 PM
i dont think its at all better than the yoshi pipe. and one thing i hate about it is that the carbon they wrap around it peels off after not too much time.

tomkfx700
08-21-2006, 12:09 AM
i too am impatient. but i put in my order for a dasa with a anidiozed can and a ceramic coated header. im sure it will be worth the wait. get the one you want even if you have to wait.you dont want to look back and say i should of waited.

jayman
08-21-2006, 04:42 PM
Well I decided not ot get the HMF instead I went with the Trinity set up. Just finished it up and let me tell you holy crap! I am real happy with this thing!

KWAD GAWD
08-22-2006, 09:50 PM
The Trinity pipe is like 105db. Way too loud man. Need to be around 101db. Plus, what racer runs Trinity? None.
There's a reason for that. Go with the proven pipes, you'll be glad you did.
About the HMF carbon, I've seen many of them and they hold up really well. Don't be afraid to buy a carbon can, they are light and sound good. They are stronger than u think.
I haven't seen them peeling? I've seen PC peel, but not carbon.

Tyler25
08-23-2006, 11:50 AM
HMF doesn't even offer the carbon for the LTR b/c they have not worked out brackets or clamps for the center exit. Just thought I'd let you know b/c I was going to order it when I ordered mine.

jayman
08-23-2006, 11:54 AM
Yeah, I do not know where the carbon fiber thing came in to play. Any how the trinity pipe is not 105 db it is like 103 db. Yes I know not much of a difference but is still pretty loud. I will see what hapeens to me when I go to the local track in Tampa.