View Full Version : Ultimate Racks ATV Quad carrier rack hauler LONG BED

bigsweeps
08-19-2006, 01:32 PM
http://i10.ebayimg.com/02/i/07/f3/29/8b_1.JPG
http://i23.ebayimg.com/02/i/07/f1/4f/08_1.JPG

**LOCAL PICKUP ONLY ** (Central CT)

These sell for over $1200 new! Asking $400/obo

PM me if interested.

Condition: Used but good condition (only used 8 times)

You can ... carry two ATVs on the truck,

Pull a trailer while carrying two ATVs,

Use the bed space to store gear or cargo,

Install the rack in minutes by yourself,

Disassemble the rack in minutes for easy storage.

The rack does not rest on the bedrails of the truck.

The rack has 10-foot long ramps.

The ramps store on the rack under the loaded ATVs.

The rack and ramps are made of steel and aluminum.

The rack and ramps are powder coated black with an orange peel finish.

The rack, from left to right is 96" wide, and carries most configurations of any two stock ATVs currently sold.

The ATVs face forward, saving fender damage caused by wind.

The ATVs face forward conserving fuel while traveling.

What are the racks made of?

Ultimate Racks are fabricated out of 2-inch tubular steel. The stationary joints are welded. Joints requiring assembly are connected with 1/2-inch, grade-5 bolts and ny-lock nuts. The tire pans are 1/8-inch diamond-plated aluminum. Ramps are constructed of 1x3-inch tubular steel, with rungs of 1x1x1/8-inch angle iron.

How do I install my rack into my pickup truck?

With the assembled rack standing on end, pick it up by the rear end and, using the tailgate as a fulcrum, slide the rack into the truck bed. (This can easily be done by one person.)

Can one person install or uninstall an Ultimate Rack alone?

Yes. The rack is easily installed by one person. However, it is a good idea to have someone with you in case you need assistance.

Click here or on image to watch movie. File size is 2.5mb.

Can I install an Ultimate Rack if my truck has a plastic bed liner?

Yes. However, minor modifications are needed in order to expose the D-ring and swivel brackets. This can be accomplished by using a 2-inch hole saw or a small handsaw.

What is the angle of the ramps when attached to the rack?

The degree of angle varies with the height of your truck bed. If the top of your truck bed is at five feet, the angle of the extended ramps will be approximately 31 degrees.

How do I load my ATVs on the rack?

Try to minimize the ramp angle whenever possible. Position your truck so that the rear end is lower than the front. A driveway approach or similar depression works well. With the ramps pinned in place, simply drive your ATV up the ramps onto the rack. Be sure to secure it with a tie-down strap, front and back. ALWAYS wear a helmet when loading or unloading your ATV.

How do I unload my ATV?

Follow the loading procedure in reverse.

Where are the ramps stored when not in use?

The 10-ft.-long ramps, when folded, store conveniently on the rack platform under the loaded ATVs, leaving the bed of your truck open for storage.

How do I secure my loaded ATVs to the rack?

There are four 3/8-inch steel loops, two on the front and two on the rear of the rack. Use tie-down straps to secure the ATVs to these loops. We suggest using extra tie-downs on each ATV, just in case one breaks.

How does a fully-loaded rack affect the way my truck handles?

Your truck will handle as if you were carrying a small camper. The weight of the ATVs is transferred through the frame of the rack to the bed of the truck. No part of the Ultimate Rack touches or rests on the bedrails. This allows a more stable ride than you would get with a side-loading carrier, as most side-loading racks rest on and/or attach to the bedrails. The ride and handling will vary depending on the size of your truck. Handling a truck with a loaded rack on it is easier than pulling an ATV trailer; especially on an uphill or downhill grade.

Can I carry just one ATV?

Yes! You won’t even know it’s there!

What size ATVs can the rack carry?

The rack, from left to right is 96" wide, and carries most configurations of any two stock ATVs currently sold. However, it is not designed to carry three-wheeled ATVs.

What about shipping?

This rack is already assembled and can't be shipped. Local pickup only.

What are the benefits of owning an Ultimate Rack?

Ultimate Racks are constructed of high quality materials, providing maximum strength and durability. All open ends on the steel tubing have been capped, welded, and ground smooth. This feature insures that no moisture can get inside the steel tubing, so the integrity of the rack will not be compromised.

The entire rack has been powder-coated to hold up under the harshest of weather conditions and tolerates heat and moisture much better than paint. Powder-coating gives much longer wear, is chip-resistant, and looks great!

Our tire pans are a beautiful blend of functionality and appearance. The 1/8-inch diamond-plate aluminum is rust-proof, easy to clean and very durable. All edges have been de-burred for a smooth finish and a superb look.

The Ultimate Rack ramps are each ten feet long and constructed of 1x3- inch tubing and 1x1x1/8-inch angle iron. They can easily bear the weight of even the largest of ATVs. After use, the ramps are folded and stored conveniently under the loaded ATVs, leaving the truck bed space available for gear storage.

The Ultimate Rack is designed to complement your full-size truck! Whether you drive a short- or longbed pickup, the Ultimate Rack fits! If you have a longbed with a standard size toolbox, the shortbed model works, so you can have your tools and your ATVs with you at the same time.

The Ultimate Rack rests on the floor of the truck bed, not on the bedrails, providing more stability and evenly-distributed weight. This feature prevents damage to your bedrails.

Your ATVs face forward when loaded on an Ultimate Rack. This cuts down on wind resistance and prevents fender damage caused by wind. By having your ATVs facing forward, gas mileage is improved. When loading ATVs from the rear of the truck instead of the side, there is no chance of accidentally driving off the other side. The headache rack helps protect the cab and rear window.