PDA

View Full Version : heh... funny just curios ? i dont care just asking.

yellow400ex05
08-18-2006, 11:26 PM
HeH would a kid that weighed like 90 pounds like fly on a 400ex? and is the power compared to the z400 in anyway SIGNIFICANT? remember this it with like an 90 pound rider. I dont care about the power difference bc I might be getting a 400ex:macho :D :cool: :blah:

jokester
08-18-2006, 11:45 PM
it would get up too speed a lot quicker, and it would have more power with a 90 lb rider compared to a 150 lb rider.

7 pounds=1hp, if you add 7 lb to you or your quad then you lose 1hp, but if you lighten yourself or the quad by 7lb then you will gain 1hp.

so if you way 90 pounds then you would have about another 8.5 horse power compared to a rider who weighed 150lb

hope this helps!!!

yellow400ex05
08-18-2006, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by jokester
it would get up too speed a lot quicker, and it would have more power with a 90 lb rider compared to a 150 lb rider.

7 pounds=1hp, if you add 7 lb to you or your quad then you lose 1hp, but if you lighten yourself or the quad by 7lb then you will gain 1hp.

so if you way 90 pounds then you would have about another 8.5 horse power compared to a rider who weighed 150lb

hope this helps!!!

yes it does lol thnx

jokester
08-18-2006, 11:51 PM
no problem!

yellow400ex05
08-19-2006, 12:06 AM
wait now that i think about that i dont get how thats possible if you dont do anything to it.. how did u get this info? jw bc it just sounds a little bit fishy.

jokester
08-19-2006, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Yellow250ex04
wait now that i think about that i dont get how thats possible if you dont do anything to it.. how did u get this info? jw bc it just sounds a little bit fishy.

ok, I'm not sure exactly how much stock hp the 400ex has, but for an example lets say that the 400 puts out about 28 horse power with no weight on it, then you add weight to the machine, it puts more of a strain on the motor, making it have to work hader to produce enough power to go. and when you put this weight on the quad since it has to work harder your going to sacrifice some of your power because your bogging down the engine some, its really nothing thats gonna hurt your engine in your case.

another way to put this is: say there is a 70lb kid riding a little 90cc quad around, then you add a full size adult to that same quad that weighs around 160-180 then the motor has to work twice as hard and it slows down the engine because it can't make power as easy.....

ImplodedMindZ
08-19-2006, 08:39 AM
That just sounds funny too i know what your sayin but i am just qurious if this works out in real life HP wise. I mean when most people dyno their quads are they on them or off? Anyone ever tried it both ways on a dyno to see if there is a noticeable differnce or possibly put a very heavy person on there dyno it then a much lighter person to see if there is a differnce.

okbeast
08-19-2006, 09:24 AM
It's not that you actually gain "real" HP. It's just how much is the motor having to work with a 90lb. kid vs. a 180lb. adult.

CHEVYZ
08-19-2006, 09:33 AM
As far as racing and whatnot goes, being that light will actually hurt you up into the top-end.... depending on where you are racing at. You would not be able to put near the power down that a heavier rider would, and you would most likely be spinning for a while. Now, if you could set it up right.... yeah, that thing would haul.

jokester
08-19-2006, 12:58 PM
sorry I'm not real good at explaining how things work like that and all, I know how it works and all, but I just have a hard time explaining things!!

krt400ex
08-19-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by ImplodedMindZ
That just sounds funny too i know what your sayin but i am just qurious if this works out in real life HP wise. I mean when most people dyno their quads are they on them or off? Anyone ever tried it both ways on a dyno to see if there is a noticeable differnce or possibly put a very heavy person on there dyno it then a much lighter person to see if there is a differnce.

when ppl dyno there quads they r on them, but the dynos r usually free wheel so it is the same as not having any weight on the bike.

i have heard the same thing multiple times(one of them was a professional angine builder), so he is not pulling ur leg about the power to weight ratio