PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know anything about tattoo equipment?

13th Grave
08-18-2006, 10:05 PM
I just bought a kit from World Wide Tattoo Supply and it is'nt working. I hooked the clips up to the gun ran them to the power supply in the positive side and ran the foot pedal into the negative side of the power supply turned it on and the red light came on and I hit the pedal and wow,nothing I made sure the arm that the needle hooks to was not hitting the coils also I have know idea what's wrong if anybody knows a way to trouble shoot or tips on what's wrong please help me out.

08-18-2006, 10:14 PM
I bet people are going to say that your stupid because your getting a tattoo...

13th Grave
08-18-2006, 10:21 PM
Do you really think I care what people say about me on the internet it's just stupid, all I'm asking for is a little bit of help to figure out what the problem is, not anything about tattooing myself or someone else.

13th Grave
08-18-2006, 10:48 PM
Nevermind she's buzzing now:devil:

Rico400
08-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by 13th Grave
Nevermind she's buzzing now:devil:

good deal man. Something to practice on is a paperplate. i know it sounds weird but my dad does it every once in a while to keep him fresh,

He also is asked to tattoo Pigs heads at BBQ's and such ;) i doubt u can get a pig to practice on so paperplates will do.

Also he says when ur tattooing do not stop moving. If your at the end of a line, kinda of swing the gun up and off of the skin. If you dont you might get like very thick parts on ur line.....

Kind alike when ur using a nice fany pen and when u write really slow it starts to form a thicked line then at the end there is usually like a big dot of ink, same type of concept.

sorry its kinda hard to eplain, hopefully you get what im saying

XxxTRiPxxX
08-18-2006, 11:05 PM
give it up if ur really interested in tattooing. if thats what u really want to do find a artist make a portfolio and ask about a apprenticeship. a good artist will buy the right equipment for u and show u how to tattoo the right way. without that all ur goin to be doing is making crappy tattoos and scarring up peoples skin.

13th Grave
08-19-2006, 01:55 AM
Thanks rico for the tips and not bashing me and xxxtripxxx I just got the machine to play around with on fake skin and fruit to kind of get used to the machine and the feel I do plan on taking some classes and getting a portfolio together to take to my buddy. He's been tattooing most of his life and is one of the best around here and did one of my tatoos.