PDA

View Full Version : Look what I found!!!

dober250R
08-18-2006, 08:41 PM
I just did a top end rebuild on the 250R this week. While in the process, I put my fenders on this metal cage I have in my garage. And the next day I came out to the garage (my 2nd home) to work on the R a little bit, and found this spider with a pretty sweet web spun using my fenders as the attachment points!! I wish I had a better camera, cause this thing is sweet!!!

dober250R
08-18-2006, 08:42 PM
pic#2

dober250R
08-18-2006, 08:43 PM
pic#3 This sucker caught a fly today!!!! It was sweet watching him devour it!!!

Phills450r
08-18-2006, 08:45 PM
look close.. i think he was trying to spell something.. better watch out.

dober250R
08-18-2006, 08:45 PM
picture #4 Anyone have any idea what kind of spider this is?

08-18-2006, 08:50 PM
WOW I hate spiders... they scare the wOOter out of me:p

Phills450r
08-18-2006, 10:34 PM
did you kill it?

bigbadbrad
08-18-2006, 10:41 PM
wolf spider maybe?

LTZ400rider
08-18-2006, 10:46 PM
i remember i left my window down in my truck and when i came out to drive it there was a spider web spun around the whole window. i opened the door on the other side and threw a broom threw it

god i hate spiders

08-18-2006, 10:49 PM
Somehow, when following my friend to my shed..A spider made a web in the 2 second time difference between us walking. Because I was covered in the damn thing, and he said he didn't have anything on him.:mad:

crazedape
08-18-2006, 11:00 PM
Nice Writing Spider. I see them all the time down here in Georgia.

SGA
08-18-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by crazedape
Nice Writing Spider. I see them all the time down here in Georgia.

Ive seen alot of those around here in Ga also.

I googled "Writing spider" and it comes up with a garden spider, those large yellow and black ones you see in gardens and around houses.. They make a zig zag pattern down the middle of thier web. We have lots of them around here.

I did learn though I had the garden or writing spider, mixed up with a Banana spider, we have both here. The banana spider is huge and makes a web that sticks to you like glue. They look like they could kill you, but they are harmless though.

That one in the pics looks different from a garden/writing spider. Ive seen the one in the pics around too, but I dont know what thier called, I'll see if I can find out.

troutman561
08-18-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Phills450r
look close.. i think he was trying to spell something.. better watch out.

is your name wilbur perhaps ( I wonder who will get it, thats old school right there)

Rico400
08-18-2006, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by troutman561
is your name wilbur perhaps ( I wonder who will get it, thats old school right there)

lol ya it is

SGA
08-18-2006, 11:50 PM
I think thats a cross spider, in the family of orb weaving spiders. Lots of different types in that family. Pretty much harmless from what I read.

http://whatsthatbug.com/images/cross_spider_diane.jpg

08-19-2006, 01:05 AM
we used to have banana spiders all around my yard i would always run into them :mad:

*****es are HUGE spiders and snakes creap me out he found 2 rattle snakes this week
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4302/dscn0560kg3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

MoToX199
08-19-2006, 06:15 AM
^^^now that looks creepy as hell to run into:eek2: lol i think we may have the next charlottes web:p

dober250R
08-19-2006, 08:05 AM
No, I did not kill it. Everytime I go out to work on my quad, I check to see if he has anything caught in his web. I'm not going to kill it, when I need my fenders, i'm just going to take down the web. He didn't bite me or anything, so I have no reason to kill him.

08-19-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by dober250R
No, I did not kill it. Everytime I go out to work on my quad, I check to see if he has anything caught in his web. I'm not going to kill it, when I need my fenders, i'm just going to take down the web. He didn't bite me or anything, so I have no reason to kill him.

he didnt bite you YET :rolleyes:

brian-250
08-19-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by bigbadbrad
wolf spider maybe?

No, if it was a wolf spider it would be the size of a medium sized mouse, i had crawl across my arm one day while cutting up a rotten tree, it scared the holy crap out of me.:o

Moto49X
08-19-2006, 07:55 PM
this thread makes my eyes water....im so scared right now..

I have the worst phobia of spiders you could ever imagine...

08-19-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Moto49X
this thread makes my eyes water....im so scared right now..

I have the worst phobia of spiders you could ever imagine...

Me too, that fcuker would of been tourched by now if I saw it.

shano
08-19-2006, 08:31 PM
Same, I just chopped one in my basement about 20 minutea go, was the size of the top of a pop can.. scared the crap out of me... It was hairy too..:(

spud400ex
08-19-2006, 09:00 PM
Im not positive but i think it is a Barn Spider, which is a kind of orb weaver.

There are alot of wimps on this site. Most spiders are harmless to people. They also wont bite unless provoked. :chinese:

DieselBoy
08-19-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1

LOL! I'm thinkn' the same thing!

SGA
08-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by spud400ex
Im not positive but i think it is a Barn Spider, which is a kind of orb weaver.

I think you are right. Heres a barn spider http://entomology.unl.edu/images/spiders/neoscona_hentz3.jpg

dirt308
08-19-2006, 09:54 PM
I never ussually kill the spiders I find around here. My sister and mom are afraid of them but if you leave their webs up if they are in your garage or something they help get ride of the annoying deer flies and mosquitos around here.

08-19-2006, 09:57 PM
I don't even see the cob webs or the spiders on them. I always seem to walk through them though. Even if someone had just walked the same path a second before you. :mad:

WhiteZrider
08-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Behind my house is nothing but woods, and i made this trials about 6 months ago that no ones gone trough in a while, so i decided to see if it still there, and to over grown, well i ran through 15 spiders webs at least and when i was done , i took off my helmet, and saw a huge spider on it, it scared me.

Jakeyracer
08-20-2006, 03:26 AM
LOL god now i feel like there are like 565765876655 spiders are on me right now (ooooooh tingely) the only good spider is a dead one lol they are alright if they are not on me but once they get near my face hands or arms SWAT dead:p dude those spiders look kickass just so long as they stay ON THE SCREEN

Toadz400
08-20-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1

Torched?? I would've whipped out the shotgun!!

I hate spiders with a passion...today I saw one and can't believe I actually sat and thought about not killing it...but the phobia side kicked in and I curb stomped him!

I think my phobia started when we found a wolf spider with all it's babies on it's back in my room...not too far from my bed...yea...I hate spiders:( .

coolguy8769
08-20-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Jakeyracer
LOL god now i feel like there are like 565765876655 spiders are on me right now (ooooooh tingely) the only good spider is a dead one lol they are alright if they are not on me but once they get near my face hands or arms SWAT dead:p dude those spiders look kickass just so long as they stay ON THE SCREEN

Ahaha same here, I’m all twitchy now, itching everywhere. I know that spiders help get ride of the smaller bugs and stuff, but I still don't like em

For the dude with the spider with the babies in his room, the FIRST day we moved into my house, we put all the furniture in my room ect. I go back in there to put all my clothes away and ****, and a 5 FOOT SNAKE comes out from under my dresser (about 2 feet away from were I was kneeling) I have never got up and ran so fast in my life, it took me a good 2 days to feel even remotely comfortable in there again, let alone sleep in there. The first week I slept with the light on

08-20-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400

I think my phobia started when we found a wolf spider with all it's babies on it's back in my room...not too far from my bed...yea...I hate spiders:( .

lmao i remember one time a huge spider was in my drive way and i smashed it with a broom and over 100 little spiders poped out of it :eek2:

Jakeyracer
08-20-2006, 11:49 PM
lol i had an exprience like that to i stomped on a spider and i thought i saw the ground move i looked closer it was just like a gajillion little spiders smaller than>.< that dot:p

Moto49X
08-21-2006, 12:17 PM
ewwww. I was out mowing today and saw this. Pic quality sucks, my camera was almost dead and I had it zoomed all the way because i didnt want to get close to it, hahaha. I tihnk this is called a banana spider?

Moto49X
08-21-2006, 12:18 PM
another

DieselBoy
08-21-2006, 02:39 PM
gross dude ive come across ones like those and got the gas weed trimmer and cut them pricks up into a million pieces at full throttle

bwamos
08-22-2006, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Moto49X
ewwww. I was out mowing today and saw this. Pic quality sucks, my camera was almost dead and I had it zoomed all the way because i didnt want to get close to it, hahaha. I tihnk this is called a banana spider?

Yea that's a Banana Spider.

We get lots of huge garden spiders around here as well. We used to play with them as kids. I was a lot braver then than I am now. They don't bother me.. but I sure as hell wouldn't hold one in my hand.. lol.

The small violin spider / brown recluse are the nasty spiders around here. If they bite you, and left untreated, you will end up with a gaping rotted wound about 4-8" in diameter.

Nasty stuff. To nasty to post. If you want to see just look up brown recluse bite on yahoo images. :eek2:

Moto49X
08-22-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by bwamos

Nasty stuff. To nasty to post. If you want to see just look up brown recluse bite on yahoo images. :eek2:

somebody has posted those pics on here before, it looks nasty as hell...

jal232
08-22-2006, 12:03 PM
I just had to post a pic of this bite..This lady lost her leg from this things....Its freaking gross dudes

troutman561
08-22-2006, 12:13 PM
We have lots of brown recluse down here.... and back before college when I lived north of tampa we had lots of property with woods on it... so me and my friend go riding back there one day and get into this open spot in the woods... we tried to get out a different way then we came but in each area were a quad could ahve fit thru there was 1-3 banana spiders on their webs in the way, I felt trapped by the stupid things and eventually we had to go out the way we got in but had to avoid more spiders we didnt see goin in... i hate spiders... and those wolf spiders or so quick.. i hate when u goto kill one and the get away so you have to sleep in that room knowing it is there until you can find it again.....

08-22-2006, 12:23 PM
On Sunday I was in my garage cleaning up and **** and I saw this huge web with a huge as spider a bunch of little ones...So I grabbed some carb cleaner spray, sprayed the **** out of the spiders and the nest, then some spray paint and more carb cleaner. Then took a propane torch and wooooooooooooooof. I freaked out because the wall was on fire a little bit so I ran to get the hose and stepped on the spray paint can and I sprained my ankle. So I'm sitting here not working BC of my sprained ankle, but at least I can sleep at night knowing that fcuker isn't in my house:p

08-22-2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by troutman561
We have lots of brown recluse down here.... and back before college when I lived north of tampa we had lots of property with woods on it... so me and my friend go riding back there one day and get into this open spot in the woods... we tried to get out a different way then we came but in each area were a quad could ahve fit thru there was 1-3 banana spiders on their webs in the way, I felt trapped by the stupid things and eventually we had to go out the way we got in but had to avoid more spiders we didnt see goin in... i hate spiders... and those wolf spiders or so quick.. i hate when u goto kill one and the get away so you have to sleep in that room knowing it is there until you can find it again.....

I remember when the whole northeast had no power and me and my friends saw one of those on the side of his house, so we took his 2 million candle power flashlight and just like melted it.

I HATE SPIDERS

jal232
08-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Just the light from that thing would melt it? Thats some power

DieselBoy
08-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by jal232
I just had to post a pic of this bite..This lady lost her leg from this things....Its freaking gross dudes

THAT'S SO DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!

DEATH TO SPIDERS!!!!!

SGA
08-22-2006, 04:22 PM
I found this on the internet:

The physical reaction to a brown recluse spider bite depends on the amount of venom injected and an individual's sensitivity to it. Some people are unaffected by a bite, whereas others experience immediate or delayed effects as the venom kills the tissues (necrosis) at the site of the bite. Many brown recluse bites cause just a little red mark that heals without event. The vast majority of brown recluse bites heal without severe scarring

fatkid400
08-24-2006, 03:44 PM
If I found that spider...it would be a "DEAD SPIDER"