PDA

View Full Version : what mods might i be lookin for?

450raider
08-18-2006, 04:40 PM
alright i had my 04 450r for a while now think its time for mods now but there is so many that i kinda need direction with it, my riding conditions are mostly trail sometimes aggressive but i never turn a drag race down (which is a problem because my friends all jumped on this dudes bandwagon with a suzuki 450 and im lookin to shut 'em up) and laslty im gonna try to roadtrip to sand dunes somewhere. so basically im looking for more bottom end to not make 1st gear in the woods suck, more up top to take on 75% of people i come across, and whatever you might need for sand.

THANX

JW450R1
08-18-2006, 05:27 PM
well first of all u need a pipe and jet kit.there are a lot of pipe companies out there.hmf full system jetted out worked great for my 04 450r low boggggg.then u may want to get hrc kit,and some tires for all the hook-up traction of the new honda that your unleashing.just my opinion

Over-land 450r
08-18-2006, 09:40 PM
if u want bottom end i wouldnt reccamendthe HRC cam thats all up top. The hot cam stage 2 would b better for u.

rlplive
08-19-2006, 10:05 AM
Drop the front sprocket to 13 tooth and that will help out a ton in the woods.

DirtDevilBT
08-19-2006, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by rlplive
Drop the front sprocket to 13 tooth and that will help out a ton in the woods.
and in the sand, find yourself a pipe and take the airbox lid off. See if this satisfies you. If not find yourself a Hot Cams Stage 2 or an 02 CRF cam. I use the CRF and holly cow it's great.