PDA

View Full Version : Shock rebuild/conversion

user101
08-18-2006, 02:14 PM
Does anyone know of any companies who are doin conversions for the ltr shocks, such as a dual rate/ssd conversion?

kyleschonert
08-18-2006, 04:42 PM
I know the iShock company is. And I think TCS is. I saw some rebuilt ones at Loretta's this past weekend and they looked to be TCS. But I am not possitive.

jfarrar30
08-19-2006, 09:54 AM
i had mine done at mx-tech.HUGE improvement.i've owned axis,elka,tcs and pep on past quads and these rate just as good as any of them.well worth the 400 bucks.

apollo
08-19-2006, 12:52 PM
GT Thunder. As good as any PEP's or Axis i've ever run.

user101
08-19-2006, 04:34 PM
What all is done on the conversion? Do you have any pics?

jfarrar30
08-19-2006, 06:56 PM
revalve and removed some internal spacers to add length.about 3/4 of an inch (up front).i can get some pics but looks basically like a stock shock without the plastic black piece.depending on your weight the stock spring will most likely work for you just as well as any tripple rate spring.gt thunder is offering a dual rate spring as well.

Colby@C&DRacing
08-22-2006, 07:45 AM
We will be offering a triple rate front and dual rate rear conversion for the LTR very some. The conversion will look very similar to or trx450r and YFZ450 kits. The conversion for the ltr will include new valve bodies internally in the shocks which not only allow for better valving but also allow us to increase the front and rear travel. As with all of the conversion we do here at C&D Racing the spring curve will also be tunable by the user( this is a feature you can not get from a progressive spring) We also will be rebuilding the rear compression adjustor to make it more functional. As soon as this is available in the next couple of weeks I will post more info

Here is a link to the new dualrate kits we have for the YFZ www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=249553