PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

JRP
08-18-2006, 12:26 PM
Hey i was wondering if any of you have experienced this before... My dad for the past week or so has had a really sore neck, not like a working out pain, jus a really bad pain in his neck, and then yesterday he had a migraine all day long. Do any of you guys know what the deal is, he said its so bad taht when he gets up his neck just kills him, and he gets bad headaches always. Do you think he should go to the hospital or what? He works from 6am to 6pm everyday monday-thursday, and here recently(past 1yr) he took over as GM of his plant and is still the sales manager, so he has alotof pressure on him, could it be caused my stress or what. Thanks

mxdad
08-18-2006, 12:33 PM
I would say that unless he fell or something...Yes it is stress!!! I get this all the time. It starts with a severe pain up the back of my neck into my head and then usually leads to a migraine headache. Go get him a gift certificate for a massage or try to do whatever you can to make sure when he gets home from work there is no extra stress.

08-18-2006, 12:39 PM
I would tell him to take a 2 week vacation... seems like stress to me...

scottwvu
08-18-2006, 12:51 PM
Has he had any recent infections?

Does he have a temperature?

It sounds like a pulled muscle or a pinched nerve to me. Some foods can cause migrains.

If he has (or gets) a temperature take him to the emergency room. Especially if he can't touch his chest with his chin (possible menengitis):scary:

400exrider0004
08-18-2006, 12:56 PM
My dad goes through the same thing. It is stress. My dad gets migranes and sore necks about once to twice a week because of the pressure hes under at work. Somehow you need to get his mind of work, even though they are at work a lot and think about it non-stop. But yes, its stress.

JRP
08-18-2006, 01:19 PM
alright i was thinkin it was stress, but my dad is the type of guy that he works to get everything right, like if one guy isnt doing his job, he does it. And 95% of the stuff that comes out of his mouth during the evening when i see him is all about work stuff, so its hard to get his mind off of it. lol

DieselBoy
08-18-2006, 02:01 PM
i got one for ya....if you got a pinched nerve, how do you fix it

scottwvu
08-18-2006, 04:11 PM
Muscle relaxers and time.....

DieselBoy
08-18-2006, 06:09 PM
i have a back brace on right now... man do i feel better (my backs kickin my ***)

JRP
08-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by scottwvu
Has he had any recent infections?

Does he have a temperature?

It sounds like a pulled muscle or a pinched nerve to me. Some foods can cause migrains.

If he has (or gets) a temperature take him to the emergency room. Especially if he can't touch his chest with his chin (possible menengitis):scary:

he hasnt had any infections, and he dosent have a temperature. He jus said it feels like he has the flu all the time, like dosent feel like doing anything, has no get up and go. But he jus said his back and neck is sore, not stiff, jus sore.

scottwvu
08-19-2006, 09:52 AM
His (and your) best bet is to see a doctor.

If he says it is stress, then he needs to learn some coping mechanisms (like exercise or meditation, yoga, ect.). Stress is naturally occuring, yet when manifests itself in a physical way, that is a warning from nature telling you to slow down and smell the roses.

And yes, I am a psychologist:chinese: