PDA

View Full Version : 450r swingarm in a 400, bearing compatibility

Green95Hoe
08-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Blew out my old swingarm and was able to get one from a 450r cheap cheap on e-bay. I read in several posts that it was the same swingarm and would work. I havent put it in yet but its there are differences people havent mentioned. There is a threaded screw hole in the 400 one that holds the brake line down. The 450r one does not have this. Also the plastic chain thing is different and mounts differently. The big question though is in the bearing compatibility. The collars in the one I bought are definetly not set up the same as the ones in the 400 swinger. Am I going to have to go buy a complete bearing kit for a 400 and replace it all or just swap the collars? Im going to go to the Honda shop as soon as I get out of work tonite so the faster I can figure this out the better. Thanx guys.

~Brad

Chino886
08-18-2006, 01:39 PM
That is what you need to do, my buddy put his 400EX swinger on his 450R, just change out the bearings, bushings, and spacers.

Green95Hoe
08-18-2006, 06:42 PM
Alright thanx. Parts are expensive. Looks like my lack of maintenance on that bolt easily cost me 200 bucks. Ill be watching that thing on a monthly basis now

~Brad