PDA

View Full Version : Difference in cams

okbeast
08-18-2006, 11:22 AM
I'm planning on a 440 high compression soon. I'll mainly be doing trails, drag racing, and just "fast leisure" riding. I was wondering what the difference in cams was. I saw the thread that tells all the different lifts and durations and what not but that is jibberish to me. Thanks for the help!

okbeast
08-19-2006, 10:33 AM
ttt

underpowered
08-19-2006, 12:12 PM
i fyou look on most cam manufaturers web sites they should tell you where each cam is syupposed to add power. just google and look for hot cams website, web cams, and any other cam manufacturer you can think of.

PS. Dont go to Hotcams.com or webcams.com, They are in no way related to camshafts LOL!

cals400ex
08-19-2006, 07:58 PM
well well.......there are many different cam options. its going to hard to pick a cam out that you want for drag racing and trail riding. you would want more of a low end cam for trails but a top end cam for dragging. also, the cam choice should match your bike.......such as pipe, head modifications, piston, and/or work in the bottom end of the motor. if you have a stock head, i would not go too wild on the cam. for example, i would not go out and get a monster megacycle cam for that. the TC 924 grind is a MX cam. however, i found it to work well in a variety of situations. also the new stage 2 and 3 hotcams may be a choice.