View Full Version : american star atv parts

jeff crandall
08-18-2006, 07:40 AM
just wondering if anyone has used there a arms and tie rods?there prices are very good.quad parts guy ,he has a very good rating on e bay>

dunny_mark
08-18-2006, 08:03 AM
I have asr +2 a-arms for a 250x. I've been riding on them for about 4 months now with no trouble. I just trail ride, but like to fly through the air once in a while. You might hear some things about the heim joints on the a-arms, but I will say nothing bad about them until they brake.

F-16Guy
08-18-2006, 11:47 AM
I have their Sport Star a-arms (camber adjustable only), and they're pretty decent. If I were going to order them again, I'd do three things differently:

1. Get them bare and have them powder coated (their coating sucks, it's really thin)

2. Upgrade the heims at the lower ball joint location to the best ones they have.

3. Get some rubber heim boots so they don't get caked with crud. Mine get a little tight and squeeky when they get dirty.

For close to the same money, there are better arms out there. I would get something with ball joints; stay away from heims. Right now, Golden West Cycle has Epic a-arms for $349. They're pretty basic, but have ball joints instead of heims, and look as good or better than the ASR sport arms.

x.system
08-18-2006, 03:10 PM
I've got a set on my R and they have held up so far but I don't jump either. Your going to hear alot about their hiem balljoint issue, allen bolt falling out, vibrating loose. I've had 2 come out but I can't blame asr for that. They need to be locktited in and torqued to 40 ft pounds. The majority of people who say they fall out all the time are the ones who don't use locktite on them and don't torque them. I know, I've done it and they fell out but I'm not one to blame someone else for my own mistake. I've lost a race and a winning streak over it.

I called asr and asked what was going on with that, then they informed me of the torque specs. They also sent me some parts to replace what was lost at their own expense so they get a big thank you from me. How many other companys will send you replacement parts that you screwed up at their expense? not many that I know of.

300ex mxracer
08-19-2006, 12:08 PM
i have the caster and camber adj. 400 a arms and not probs yat after 8 months of mx. the coating sucks but that is the only complaint i have.