PDA

View Full Version : Vibration

ZSNOW
08-18-2006, 07:26 AM
my 06 z400 vibrates extremely bad....it has skid plates and i put weather stripping in there b cuz i thought thats wat it was NOPE....wat else could it be....my dad says i have piston problems i don't think so...but any way wat could it be??

kawi_kfx13
08-18-2006, 08:53 AM
does ur whole quad vibrate when u drive it? or just like when u let it itle.. cuz if its when u ride its pry somthin with ur axle or tires... idk...ive never had a prob like that with any of my stuff...u mite of somthin in ur motor...idk.. im not much help but ya..i dont no wat else...unless somthin is bent...

ZSNOW
08-18-2006, 09:11 AM
the whole quad vibrates and the higher u rev the worse it gets....

jonboy
08-18-2006, 05:54 PM
Does it vibrate sitting still? Or is in neutral? If it is when your just revving the motor in neutral, it sounds like your crank bearings may be bad if so quit running it now! Me personally I would take it to a good mechanic and let him deal with it. It is worth the money to let an experienced mech do the work. If it is while you're rolling only then you could have a number of things. Like, bent axle, bent wheel, bad wheel bearings or axle bearings, even mud inside wheels and sometimes if you corner really hard like dirt or mud can even get inside your tires. Hope this gives you a place to start looking. Good luck!

z4evr
08-18-2006, 07:45 PM
Are all of the motor mounts on it? You might want to check because that will make the whole quad vibrate

4gatch
09-21-2006, 05:55 PM
the same thing is with me i never thoguht much about it but its not when its just ildeing it wehn u get to like the top of 1st 2nd n 3rd its nostly n my handlebars it seems liek i dunno if that normal or not

ZSNOW
09-21-2006, 06:08 PM
ya its that same vibration at the top of 1st 2nd and 3rd

4gatch
09-21-2006, 06:09 PM
in the handlebars?...do u have any engine work on yours

ZSNOW
09-21-2006, 06:15 PM
only a filter and jets and exuast....o yah and high comp piston.
but yah it vibrates wicked bad

4gatch
09-21-2006, 06:17 PM
well iam not sure y mine does it either lol but my only geuss is if it has somtin to do with the piston mayby i ahve no clue sorry

IrideMHSC
09-21-2006, 07:12 PM
I would think that the piston would make a knocking or ticking sound more than an overall vibration if it was the problem... Since it is "vibrating" I would think it would be a loose or missing mount or something of that nature... I mean all qauds "vibrate" so that you will feel it... but im assuming you mean more than normal?