PDA

View Full Version : modding the lt-r

hard one
08-17-2006, 07:34 PM
I started sand drag racing in jefferson county and i did pretty good with my stock lt-r agiants some modded quad's.(raptors 660,700,700v-force with cbr1000 carb and 786 bore kit ect.)
So i decided to turn my lt-r into a sunday drag quad but still keep it mx ready.
As of now all i have is side winder sand tires a c.r.b.m. module and a uni filter,but i have a pro circuit ti-4 full titanium system on the way and a dobeck efi up grade, dobeck is well known for making bmw's very fast.
the module adds a couple of horse and the exhaust adds about 6 hp.

There is only one other guy with a lt-r that has trinity exhaust and a efi upgrade that races at the drags.
hopfully i will beat at least one honda 450 the always pull away at the end.

what modds are the rest of you lt-r 450 owners putting on.
thanks for the input!

philys21
08-17-2006, 08:42 PM
well for dragging and for the money/hp you can't beat a noss setup. I'm going with one in the very near future ;)

dg26
08-18-2006, 09:03 AM
my quad has a high compression piston and it really woke the motor up

hard one
08-18-2006, 05:19 PM
that sounds like over kill but hey if you want to win okay, but you really must want to win!

High compression piston works awsome but i am watting to do any engine work till i have 20 hours on the engine.

philys21
08-19-2006, 06:21 AM
I would not say nos is over kill at all. Have you ever used nos before? Do you ride dunes? If so you can have an awesome time with nos without even draggin. Now lets say your trying to have a 40 shot of nos now thats over kill.

hard one
08-19-2006, 02:29 PM
I have been in the auto motive industry since college.
It can give power,but it increases engine damage and shortens life by more than half.
with nos you must put in stronger gaskets becuase it make the engine run very hot! and rebuild after one bottle is a must!
I have always said if have to resort to nos you must be starting with a poor power plant but in this case your not so hey its your choice.:D

"TRY modding things that work with the engine first,if that fails tear her apart"