PDA

View Full Version : Here is one for ya....

Pappy
08-17-2006, 06:01 PM
A neighbor just relayed this story....

last night(evening) while returning from baseball practice, a car approached and started flashing its lighst and following extremely close. the neighbor turned on his flashers and started looking for a place to pull over when the car swerved, came alongside and sideswiped the neighbors car.

Words were exchanged, very verbal confrontation but nothing physical.

The police arrived and the person who hit the neighbor stated to the officer to prove he did anything and the officer took the info, gave the personal info to the guy who did the damage and told the neighbor that if the guy really did it God would punish him

:huh

xtremefullbore
08-17-2006, 06:04 PM
cops.. :rolleyes:

Pappy
08-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by xtremefullbore
cops.. :rolleyes:

I am pro law enforcement, but for some reason i fully believe this particulair cop has issues

Rip_Tear
08-17-2006, 06:12 PM
Hopefully God will punish the cop too...

Rico400
08-17-2006, 06:23 PM
hmmm that is rediculous. i would def. go talk to someone in higher rank than that cop and have him fired or something.

Pappy
08-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Rico400
hmmm that is rediculous. i would def. go talk to someone in higher rank than that cop

thats what i would have done immediatley. first, the guy will play hell with his insurance seeing there is noone charged. that means he will get the rate hike being a no fault. secondly, the officer gave the other guy his personal information but refused to give it to the neighbor.

id be camped out at the police station waiting for someone in charge

08-17-2006, 06:37 PM
LMAO:eek2:
Where did you say you live at Pappy?:p

Mean250r
08-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Quad_King
LMAO:eek2:
Where did you say you live at Pappy?:p

LMFAO nice sig ha ha

440racer66
08-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
thats what i would have done immediatley. first, the guy will play hell with his insurance seeing there is noone charged. that means he will get the rate hike being a no fault. secondly, the officer gave the other guy his personal information but refused to give it to the neighbor.

meee too

NorCalRacer
08-17-2006, 11:26 PM
Time for your neighbor to play god:D

400exchick
08-18-2006, 06:20 AM

I would have been fuming for sure. If a police report wasn't written up I wonder if he can claim it as a hit and run?? Not sure how insurance works in your state but in my province if there's no police report and the client reports a loss due to hit and run he is not penalized. Insurance fixes the damage but his rates aren't affected what so ever.

bansheeguy
08-18-2006, 10:43 AM
WOW

I would of called a lawyer the second I got home.

bwamos
08-18-2006, 11:28 AM
the officer gave the other guy his personal information but refused to give it to the neighbor.

Hmm...
Sounds like this "cop" knew the other guy.

If an accident occurs and the police are called, the police are required to file a report. Insurance and personal information (name, DOB, driver license number, license plate#, etc.) are to be exchanged.

I beleive this cop knew the other guy and was covering his butt.

Tell your neighbor to get a lawyer.
The dispatcher would have record of the incident. At the very least the cop ran license plate #'s proving he was there.

Hopefully your neighbor had the insight to write down the license plate #'s and the officers badge#.

quadwanter
08-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
Hmm...
Sounds like this "cop" knew the other guy.

If an accident occurs and the police are called, the police are required to file a report. Insurance and personal information (name, DOB, driver license number, license plate#, etc.) are to be exchanged.

I beleive this cop knew the other guy and was covering his butt.

Tell your neighbor to get a lawyer.
The dispatcher would have record of the incident. At the very least the cop ran license plate #'s proving he was there.

Hopefully your neighbor had the insight to write down the license plate #'s and the officers badge#.

yeah it really does sound like the cop knew the guy...

btw pappy was this your hot neighbor? :o

Pappy
08-18-2006, 11:45 AM
nada..negative on the hot neighbor

08-18-2006, 04:36 PM
i wish "god will punish you" was a penetly for every crime, i'd go beserkerrzzzz.

by the way maybve youre neighbour miss heard the cop and he REALLY said 'godzilla is going to punish you"

08-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Sounds like the cops and the other guy are BFF's.:)

Mx_523
08-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
Sounds like the cops and the other guy are BFF's.:)

Boyfriends forever.:huh :blah: