PDA

View Full Version : Don't buy Douglas .190

Phills450r
08-17-2006, 05:52 PM
Yes I was told they would hold up through some MX racing.. well I don't recall casing any jumps bad enough to do this but this is what they did.. oh and if anyone wants to buy the tires on them they are RAZRs still in good condition.. i would say around 80-85% tread ATLEAST.. reason why so low is because I have never sold tires before but make offers.. btw this is what the douglas .190 red labels look like after ONLY 3 races.. Looking for $100 + shipping for the tires.. brand new = 220 from rockymountain.. there is no leaks.. good condition

Phills450r
08-17-2006, 05:56 PM
other rim

Phills450r
08-17-2006, 05:57 PM
tread on rear tires

Phills450r
08-17-2006, 05:59 PM
front tread

DirtDevilBT
08-17-2006, 06:09 PM
That sucks. However you might have gotten some 125's cause that is some rediculous bends there. I've been using the 190's for ever now. Jumping with low pressure sand tires and running into some serious rocks out in the desert. I've only bent my front rim on a big *** boulder of a rock. Took a hammer and bent it back.

What other brand of rims have you ran before to make you think douglas rims are bad. Considering their extensive history in off road competition I'd think they have the upper hand. Maybe what you need are some reinforced beadlocks.

Phills450r
08-17-2006, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by DirtDevilBT
That sucks. However you might have gotten some 125's cause that is some rediculous bends there. I've been using the 190's for ever now. Jumping with low pressure sand tires and running into some serious rocks out in the desert. I've only bent my front rim on a big *** boulder of a rock. Took a hammer and bent it back.

What other brand of rims have you ran before to make you think douglas rims are bad. Considering their extensive history in off road competition I'd think they have the upper hand. Maybe what you need are some reinforced beadlocks.

Yes I understand.. but I rode harder on my STOCK wheels and no bends at all.. they told me "yea the .190s will work" and within 3 races they look like a star?? I know I need beadlocks, but I cannot afford them right now.. I don't race hard enough to really "NEED" them though...

JW450R1
08-17-2006, 06:15 PM
you need to get some reinforcement rings,beadlocks.any type of rim with no rings will bend.my douglas 190's were like that after 1 practice night.then i got bead locks,never happened again

ThumPIN_450R
08-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Phills450r
Yes I understand.. but I rode harder on my STOCK wheels and no bends at all..

Stock wheels are actually stronger than douglas .190 due to the rolled lip around the edges to serve as reinforcement. Jumping with 18 inch tires on non reinforced .190 wheels that is going to happen. I squared a set of .190 wheels worse than that on my 300EX.

cals400ex
08-17-2006, 09:27 PM
yeah, you need a beadlock or a rolled edge. i got the douglas ultimates without beadlocks and i have not had any problems. the ones without the rolled edge are not that good in my opinion. just be glad you didn't get itp's....i think they would have looked worse. :eek: