PDA

View Full Version : 250r jetting help!!!

dirtycj5
08-17-2006, 04:44 PM
i have a 87 250r
it's got a 34 pj carb
boyesen pro series reeds
fmf fatty and power core 2
ans a k@n in the stock air box

what is happing is it falls on its face on the low to mid and pulls hard on the top i got a 140 pilot and 155 main and i think the needle is on the 2nd clip

i talked to some guys that had 250r's they just ditch the carb for an air stiker i guess 38mm
but form what i under stand the bigger carb will help more on the top end i need more bottom end and mid

so iwas thinking about picking up a reed spacer from what i read it should help pipey engines on the low end

let me know what ya think my problem is and if you running the same set up around sea level what are you jetted at thanks

DPR250R
08-18-2006, 06:37 AM
I assume you mean a #40 pilot....

You can try to play with your air screw and pilot size to make sure you quad is jetted properly... making sure the low speed circuit is set up properly is the first step to achieve the crisp throttle response you are looking for...but it sounds to me like you are in the right range....

Assuming your engine and ignition are strong... the ways that I know of to increase low end power would either be....

Change your gear ratio or tire size...

Go to a big Bore kit....

250R's are screamers... it is tough to get low end grunt out of a stock size 250R engine...

dirtycj5
08-21-2006, 05:07 PM
my bad i ment a #40 pilot
well this is my first trx250 i had a 2 lt 250r before this
i guess i keep playing with the jetting
thanks