PDA

View Full Version : Tusk Fuel Mixture Screw @ RMATV

-copyguy-
08-17-2006, 02:44 PM
Does anyone know if the Tusk Fuel Mixture Screw that Rocky Mountain sells will work in a stock 400ex carb?

Part# 199367 at RockyMountainATV

Thanks.

GPracer2500
08-17-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by -copyguy-
Does anyone know if the Tusk Fuel Mixture Screw that Rocky Mountain sells will work in a stock 400ex carb?

Part# 199367 at RockyMountainATV

Thanks.

I'm almost sure that it will not. I've not seen an aftermarket fuel mixture screw for the stock EX carb (or any carb other than FCR's, for that matter).

My suggestion is to take your stock screw (or buy a second OEM screw) and make your own extended screw. I'm picturing drilling a small hole in the end of the screw in which you could epoxy an extension piece.

If you do that be sure to get back to us with the results....

-copyguy-
08-17-2006, 05:18 PM
but that would mean I could get it done sooner...and cheaper...that just doesn't make any sense!!! :D

GPracer2500
08-17-2006, 05:25 PM
but that would mean I could get it done sooner...and cheaper...that just doesn't make any sense!!! :D

I know. I was really just trying to send you on a wild goose chase of unworkable solutions....:blah:

-copyguy-
08-17-2006, 05:38 PM
well....maybe it's not cheaper...at BikeBandit you have to buy the "screw assembly"...and that's $17... :eek2:

That's a fairly easy screw to turn isn't it? I mean if you drilled out the end a bit you could probably fasten a nice little JB weld tab onto it maybe???

GPracer2500
08-17-2006, 05:59 PM
well....maybe it's not cheaper...at BikeBandit you have to buy the "screw assembly"...and that's $17... :eek2:

That's a fairly easy screw to turn isn't it? I mean if you drilled out the end a bit you could probably fasten a nice little JB weld tab onto it maybe???

It's easy to turn. JB weld and a press-fit interface should be plenty strong to hold the extension in place (at least I imagine it would be--I've never actually done it).

-copyguy-
08-17-2006, 06:00 PM
I mean if you drilled out the end a bit you could probably fasten a nice little JB weld tab onto it maybe???

Gee, I believe that's the same thing that you just said above...

GPracer2500
08-17-2006, 06:01 PM
ServiceHonda wants $13.10. But I think the minimum shipping & handling charge is $9. For that reason I always order a few things a time. Seems like I always need something or other....

GPracer2500
08-17-2006, 06:02 PM
Gee, I believe that's the same thing that you just said above...

Your not giving me a hard time are you? Cause I won't stand for that kind of back-talk....

;) :p

-copyguy-
08-19-2006, 11:11 AM
nope. just pointing out how much of an idiot I can be at times...

I tend to be very good at stating the obvious most of the time...

;)